Chapter Thirty-Four

It's been two weeks since they finally stopped Jayden and her team of supernatural nazis losing Jayda in the process. While the Mercados and their friends searched for ways to find the cure for immortality the immortal hybrid laid in the middle of the street. She stayed there waiting and then a car finally drove to her and a woman with brown eyes and blonde hair walked out of it. "OH MY GOD. ARE YOU OKAY. What happened" she yelled "p-please help me. I can't feel anything" Jayda said, "it's okay everything will be alright. Stay here my phone is in the car. Were you hit by a car". After she said that she looked back at the street and noticed the girl was gone which made her feel a little nervous. Before she could call the police Jayda sped behind her and began to feed from her neck until she was dead. Once she died she smiled while she walked away but then stopped when she heard someone behind her. Right after she heard the noises Sean popped out of nowhere and then he pinned her against a tree. "I knew I would find you here" he smiled "let me go" she growled "I'm sorry but I can't do that. You need to come with me" "I SAID LET ME GO" "I'm not afraid of you" "but you really should be" "just come with me" "no". Then Jayda made her eyes turn red and long black veins appeared under her eyes which made Sean a little afraid. Instead of running away, he pushed her back a little more then he said that he would never leave her. "Don't you hate those emotions getting in your way" Jayda said "I told you I won't leave you. I love you" Sean said "leave me alone. I don't want to hurt you" "don't you hate those emotions" "LEAVE ME ALONE". Just before he could say something else the immortal hybrid grabbed his throat then she threw him in the woods. When he sped back to the street Jayda was gone so he banged his hand on one of the trees then he yelled. Right before he could leave he remembered the dead body so he quickly called the cops then he left. After he left he rushed back inside the house to tell his siblings and friends what happened with Jayda.

The Next Day

Once everyone in the Mercado house was awake and ready to start their day they walked into the kitchen to grab some drinks and food while talking. They all sat down around the big island and then Arianna mentioned the cure for immortality and Jayda. "Last night I did some more research," she said "what did you find out," Sean asked "to get the cure we would need a supernatural hunter and tons of dark magic" "what is it" "something called expression". Everyone looked at each other then she explained more about the Travelers, the immortals, and the supernatural hunters. As soon as she finished explaining everything Michael started asking questions about what she said. "What are the Travelers and immortals," Michael asked "the Travelers are a coven of witches and the immortals are the first truly immortal species. Because of them doppelgänger was created" Sean answered, "how do you know". Right after he said that Sean explained how he also did research after what happened with Jayda and the girl. When he mentioned his ex girlfriend he started to cry so his older sister walked over and hugged him. "Stop worrying about her. We're going to bring her back," she said "I'm so sick of all of you trying to help me. Just leave me alone," he said, "all of this anger needs to stop. Let's go into the library, there might be something in there". Then everyone walked into the library to do a little bit more research on the cure for immortality. While they were going through everything Sean began to talk about the story of the first immortals. He said how a man got help from an Erickson witch to create the cure so he and his true love could live forever together. Because this was never done before the witch was hesitant but she still did the spell to make the elixir that changed them both. After they drank the elixir they both became truly immortal and that's when the witch realized she made a mistake. Sean kept talking then he mentioned how the witch created the Other Side, the cure, the hunters, and the anchor to the Other Side.

Meanwhile

Because the Mercados and their friends were busy trying to find and save Jayda they didn't know about their new threat. While they were talking about how to save their friend a van pulled into Pawtucket filled with four boys and a girl. "Are you sure we're in the right place" Maggie asked "welcome to Pawtucket" Ronal smiled "I know where we are, I'm asking if this is where Samantha asked us to go" "can't you just trust me". They all kept on talking until Brian parked in front of the town square so they could relax and plan for a little bit before going to Samantha. Once they all sat down they began to talk about Samantha and why she wanted them to meet her in Pawtucket. "There has to be a reason she brought us here," Noah said "can't we just relax" Maggie groaned "this isn't us. We have to go" "not until we talk with Samantha" "she's distracting us from what we have to do". Right before they could finish talking a girl with long black hair and brown eyes walked past them. Before she left Maggie stood up and quickly began talking with her and learned her name is Elizabeth Piedra. Then they shook hands and once they did that Elizabeth started feeling a burning sensation in her hand. As soon as that happened Maggie reached into her right pocket and pulled out a small dagger. She then stabbed the vampire who yelled in pain then she quickly used her speed to run away from all of them. "Let's go get here" she yelled "we have to wait for Samantha" Jackson explained "WE CAN'T JUST LET HER GO" "I know what you're feeling but we have to let her go" "but what about what we believe in" "you marked her so we'll get her later". When Maggie was a little bit calmer she started seeing what Elizabeth was seeing because she marked her with the small dagger. Because she couldn't handle everything going on with her mind she pulled out the dagger and began tracking the vampire. Even though they were waiting to meet Samantha they couldn't just let a vampire go free in the world.