CHAPTER SEVEN

"How about we have lunch as a family today. I feel like I haven't seen you at all", my mom said when I emerged from the stairs Sunday morning.

Ever since Nate left for college and my mom working all the time , we usually skip eating together.

"Yeah sure mom. I missed eating together", I smiled at my mom.
"Great , I'll make banana bread for desert. I know how much you love it ", my mom beamed.
"Mom , I love everything you bake", I laughed lightly making me french toast.

It's true. Everyone in our neighborhood knows how good of a cook and baker my mom is.

"Oh , just go get on with your French toast , I'll run to the store real quick", she said excitedly and got up to get her purse.

She always got so excited about the little things it amused me.

I finished my French toast and headed up to my room and started on my maths homework.

After a few minutes of me struggling I decided to give up and scroll through my social media.

I said that Blake had requested to follow me.
I accepted it and immediately received a text from him.

Blake Stein - hey babe 😏

I chuckled at the emogie he texted. 

Me -hey idiot.

Blake Stein - what are you up to on this fine day ?

Me - nothing much. I'm having lunch with my mom later.

Blake Stein - wanna hang now. We could get some ice cream ?

Blake wants to hang out with me ?
Why?
This can't be real ?

I checked the phone and re-read the text to make sure I was reading properly.

Blake Stein - I just figured I'd cheer you up a bit.  You still seemed a bit sad when you left yesterday.

Stupid me for taking to long to reply.

Me - yeah sure. I'd love to hang out.

Blake Stein - calm down babe , no need to sound so excited.

Me - shut up idiot. Where should I meet you.

Blake Stein - I'll pick you up in 15.

I  quickly changed into something more decent than my sleep wear.

I opted for a white lacy dress with little frills at the end . It reached my mid-thigh.

I paired with a pair of white sandles and tied my hair in a ponytail.
I sent my mom a quick text assuring I'll be back in time for lunch.

I saw Blake standing against the passenger side of his black Jeep Wrangler with a smile but his beautiful eyes were covered by sunglasses.

"Hey babe", he smiled eyeing me up and down.
"You look cute", he said and opened the door for me.
"Thank you ", I said ducking my head to hide my blush.

"So , how're feeling", Blake asked trying to make conversation.
"I mean , my life is still complicated but I'll survive", I answered smiling briefly.
"Yeah I guess , you know whenever you need to talk . I'm all ears ", he smiles.

I've noticed that he seem todo that alot around me.
He only smirks when he's teasing.
"Yeah , I'll keep that mind ", I smiled and turned up the radio.

****

Blake's POV .

Fuck , I'm totally fucked right now.

Emma just left now.

This morning I woke up to a warm feeling on my chest , the fact that Emma and I both fell asleep on the couch watching some stupid movie and making comments about it totally freaked me out.

I always thought that Emma and Mia were sweet and since Axel had this crush on Mia since freshman year we decided to befriend the girls. They weren't like the other girls that threw themselves at us , although I wouldn't mind Emma throwing herself at me

Shit , did I just think that.

I think I might be falling her.
I get this warm feeling I my chest and she just constantly makes me smile and I don't just smile. Now I find myself smiling with just the thought of her.

God I'm falling hard.

I decided to text her, to see if she wanted to hang out.

"God , what's wrong with me. I don't date ", I muttered to myself.

When she took a while to reply I immediately typed another text back explaining that i just want to make sure she's okay.

When she replied I got this damn giddy feeling and quickly hopped in the shower.

I was excited to see her that I felt pathetic . Even the thought of her made me smile , so when that dick at the store touched her I almost lost my shit.

So here I am.

Looking at myself in the mirror like a fucking idiot trying to style my hair.

What's wrong with you Blake. Snap out of it. You're Blake Stein , the couch confident one that's supposed to get any girl.
Then why was I so hell-bent on impressing Emma so much.

Fuck.

I grabbed my car keys and rushed out the door , eager to see Emma's beautiful smile.

************************************

A/N

Another update !

Don't forget to tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter 😊.

Bye , until next time 🥰.