CHAPTER NINE

With a heavy sigh I enter the house cautiously and looked around.

"Where's my mom. I don't want to talk to you David", I say bitterly dropping my bag on the floor beside me.

He doesn't deserve to be called Dad.

"Your mother's upstairs. I really need to talk to you. Let me explain why I left",he begged.
"I don't need you to explain anything to me. The fact that you just left without saying anything says enough. And nothing you say can change what happened in the past so just leave me alone", I say and stomped upstairs.
"I'm sorry Emma , I really am. I loved you and Nate , and I still do. I just want you to know that. I stop bothering you now ", he said and turned to leave.

That's when I burst.

"I waited for you , every day I wished you'd come back . Every year on my birthday I'd imagine you walking through the door with some bullcrap excuse that you were in witness protection and couldn't contact us or some shit like that. Last year , the year I finally accepted that you won't come back and prayed that wherever you are , you're safe. And low and behold , here you are with a family and all", I say furiously wiping my eyes getting rid of the tears.
"You moved away and started a new family. You completely forgot about your family you had abandoned. You went and had another child. And you know what the worst part is ", I asked rhetorically.
"Eli and I are the same age , so you didn't wait that long to go around and knocked up someone else. Did you leave her too huh , but I guess that doesn't matter now , because you and Eli are still together. So thank you for leaving us , we deserved to grow up in a loving home. And my mom provided that.
If you loved us back then you wouldn't have put us through that. So you can go back to wherever you came from", I say and run upstairs towards my room throwing my door close.

Fuck that , fuck him.
I'm not going cry anymore.
It's time to move forward and that's just what I'll do.
I'll move on , pretend I that I never met that man.
Sorry excuse of a father.
A few minutes later I heard and knock on my bedroom door.

"Emma , honey can I come in ", I heard my mom asked through the door.
"I'm not in the mood to talk mom ", I say wrapping the blankets tighter around my shoulders while I scrolled through Netflix looking for a movie to watch.

"Okay , should I make you a sandwich . You didn't eat anything", she asked.
"I'm not hungry mom ", I sighed.
"Well , okay then. I have to head back to work. Call me if you need anything okay honey", my mom said through the door.
"Okay", I said.
"I love you , and get something to eat", she said walking away.

I just turned and decided to finish my English essay instead.

My mom got home around eight and I still haven't moved from my spot on my bed.
My mom just sighed when she tried and failed to get me up and eat.
I just wasn't hungry and just wanted sleep.

Minutes later my phone rang.

I reached for it and saw Mia's name flashing.
No doubt my mom had called Mia told her.

I ignored her and managed to almost fall when my phone kept beeping.
I picked it up ready to chuck it against the wall when I saw Blake's name flashing across the screen.
I missed his call and he immediately called back.
I sighed and picked it up.

"Hey , I can't really talk now ", I say trying to make my voice somewhat normal.
"Emma , I know you're going through something and it might seem like it's the worst possible thing in the world , but it's okay. Don't punish yourself Emma. You're much better than whatever is going on ", Blake spoke so softly , like he wanted me to remember what he said.

"It's just , I can't. I don't know what todo Blake", I said sobbing softly.
"Come on babe. Don't cry when you I'm not there to comfort you. Please", Blake asked softly.
"I'm - I'm sorry. I just can't stop ", I said through tears.
"Well then keep crying. Just don't hang up okay. I'm right here Emma , you're not alone", Blake said as I continued to cry.