CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

The days quickly turned into weeks then months and here I stood today infront of my floor length mirror fixing my dress under my graduating gown.

The day is finally here , the first step to the rest of our lives. 

Mia was ready to start her life at a college at WSU studying fashion with Axel studying Business.

Me , Luke , Calla and Blake were going to UCLA and that was nerve-wracking because I was scared shitless.

My mom gave me the talk about trust and respecting myself and the people around me.
Don't forgetting where I came from and whatnot.

"Emma , are you ready sweetie", my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming mom ", I yell back.

I rushed downstairs to meet my mom standing at the bottom in tears.

"I can't believe you're graduating school already. I'm so proud of you ", she said with tears in eyes. "You look beautiful in your gown sweetie. Come stand for the pictures. Lukas ", my mom yelled.

Lukas was my mom's boyfriend. Yes boyfriend. Amelia introduced Lukas to my mom at her birthday party a few months ago. He was a bakery owner which was a huge plus when he moved in. Almost baking something delicious at night.

I'm glad my mom and I moved on from the past.

"Coming ", he says reaching for his camera.
"You look beautiful Emma ", he smiled coming to place a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you Lukas", I smile broadly.

I liked Lukas the first time I met him. He came over for dinner with choc chip cookies and awesome sense of humor so that quickly won me over.

"Now come on let's smile for the camera",  Lukas said cheerfully to me and my mom.

After a few pictures , mom and I packed some apple pie in the car for Amelia and Brad. They just couldn't get enough of it.

"We're meeting Amelia and Brad at the entrance here. I'll see you there ", my mom smiles.

I moved my way through the swarm of people looking for my friends.

"Hey , Emmy ! "

I knew that voice.

"Luke ", I yelled back running towards his cheerful voice.

I made it halfway when a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"I get my hug first ", from the smell of the cologne, I knew it was Blake.

"Hello there , boyfriend", I smile and turn in his arms wrapping my arms around his neck and his pulling me against his chest.

"You smell nice ", Blake whispers in my neck.

"Thank you ", I giggle pecking his cheek. "Now we should probably going. We have to take that dumb class photo", I say moving out of Blake's arms.

"But I don't want you to go ", he whines pouting.

"Let's just go doofus", I laugh pulling him towards our group of friends.

"Hey bestie ", Mia squeals bringing me into a tight hug. "I can't wait to leave this shit hole ", she fist pumps the air.

"Yeah , I guess ", I laughed. "Let's go".

We took a boring class photo before we went to the gymnasium where the ceremony was being held.

We took our respective seats and waited for the principal to speak. He always spoke more than he is supposed to.

Finally the long dragging ceremony was over and we could throw out caps in the air. Honestly that was the most exciting thing that happened today and I wasn't even joking.

"So, high school graduates huh ", Axel said with a small smile. "It's finally over"

"Yeah , it's finally get over ", Blake agreed wrapping his arms around me in a gentle hug.

I smiled at Blake and pecked his cheek.

"I love you", I whispered.

"I love you more ", he whispered kissing my lips softly.

Suddenly I wasn't so afraid anymore. Blake will be by my side and everything will work out perfectly.

***********************************

A/N

THAT'S IT !

That's the end of Blake and Emma !

I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it.

I was thinking of writing another book , so follow me for more updates on that.

Toodles , lots of virtual hugs and kisses ♥️.

Thank you for reading 🥰.