CHAPTER TWELVE

The next day invited Mia over for a girls day since we haven't had one in a while and also because I was really excited to tell her all about my date with Blake.

"Ooh , how was the party. I heard Emery's boyfriend cheated on her ", Mia asked as we lounged next to the pool at my house.

Blake and I went to the party , but then Luke got wasted and left with another girl so we decided to call it a night.
That's when Blake had dropped me off at my house even though I wanted to stay at his place.

I just loved the feel of it.

"I don't really remember seeing Emery there and I don't know who her boyfriend is Mia ", I sighed rolling my eyes.

Emery is a girl that attends our school , she's part of the cheerleading squad.
It's weird how she can't stand Beth , probably because they're both bitches.

"Sometimes I wonder if you even see what's happening infront of you. But no all you think about is the amazing Blake Stein", Mia said rolling her eyes.
"Oh shut it. How was the date ", I said changing the subject.

Mia's eyes lit up and I smiled.

"Ooh it was great . We went to some fancy restaurant and he spoke more than he usually did. And then we went to the beach for ice cream and just enjoying being alone", Mia sighed dreamily.
"Axel is a great guy. I'm glad he finally found the balls to ask you out ", I laughed lightly.
"So , what the deal with your dad ", Mia asked sitting up and turning to face me.
"Well , I told him that I'm not interested in anything he has to say. We did great without him , and he seemed to move on just fine without us. I mean Eli and I are about the same age Mia", I say looking at my charm bracelet.

"Yeah , I'm sorry about all that ", Mia said.
"Nah , I'm fine it's all good. It's time to move on", I smiled and went back to chatting about Mia and Axel.

"The bracelet huh. He gave it to you yesterday ", Mia asked sipping her lemonade.
"Yeah , he did ", I blushed and explained to her how our date went.

"He's so romantic , who would've thought. A guy like Blake , Mr. Bad boy Mr. Popular ", she said dramatically.
"Hey , there's more to Blake than just his reputation. He's a good guy , he just needs someone to show him how wonderful he is ", I shrugged drinking my lemonade.

The next few hours were spent with Mia gossiping and me attentively listening.

The next morning I woke up to something crashing downstairs.

I jolted awake and saw its just after five am.

Damn I have school in a few hours.

I rushed downstairs wiping the sleep out my eyes searching what could make that noise.

I saw my mom stumbling in dressed in the day before clothes.

"Mom , what's going on are you okay", I asked walking towards her.

It's not like her to get drunk on a week day and arriving home at this hour.

"Yeah , honey I'm okay. I just need to get to bed ", she smiled lazily proving my suspicions that she indeed is drunk.

I helped her to bed and left some painkillers and a bottled water beside her bed.

Maybe my father's return affected her more than she lets on.

"Oh mom ", I smiled placing a kiss to her forehead.

I decided to catch up on some revision work knowing full well I won't be able to go back asleep.

"Good morning", Blake said when I walked off the porch towards him.

I smiled faintly hiding a yawn that escaped.