CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

"You're pissed at me aren't you."

Of course I'm pissed at him , for making a scene in public. What the hell was he thinking , attacking him like some animal.
Sure Eli called me names , and he wanted to protect me , but there was people around. What of someone called the police or something.

I just huffed in responding.

"What did you expect me to do Emma. He called you a bitch, he threatened you ! I'm not going to stand by and let some fucking jerk threaten my girlfriend ", Blake said angrily.

"It's not just that Blake. You totally flipped on him , what if someone called the police on you. What would've happened then ", I say throwing my hands in the air.

"He threatened you ! "

"I could've handled it Blake , stop trying to protect me , I can protect myself okay ", I yelled slapping my hands on the dashboard.

"Whatever , if you think you can handle yourself then I won't stand in your way ", Blake said turning onto Luke's street.

"Fine", I yell back.

It's safe to say that none of us spoke to each other the whole night and I bet everyone noticed but didn't say anything.
Luke's house was amazing , I totally forgot that he's parents were loaded , since both of them were lawyer's.
He showed us the shed , that's he proclaimed at his. Luke and the guys always used to hand out there , but since he complained he wanted it to be renovated because it was 'losing it's style' as Luke so humbly put it , he's parents decided that it's time , but in my case to stop his nagging.

"Okay, cut the bullshit , what happened today. You were fine yesterday or did something happen", Mia asked looking between Blake and me.

"It doesn't matter Mia", I say with a sigh.

"Of course it matters , you guys aren't even looking at each other , everyone can feel the tension from a mile away", Mia scoffed drinking her beer.
I pull my up in disgust when she practically gulps down her beer. "It just doesn't matter Mia. Can you just mind your own damn business for once Mia christ", I snap and get up to take a drink of water. Gosh , what's the matter with me , I never snapped at Mia before. This stress is getting to much for me.

I groan and wash my face.

"Hey , you okay ", Luke askes coming into the kitchen. "You know you can talk to me."

"I'm sorry , I'm so sorry for snapping at Mia. Where is she , I have to apologise", I say wiping my hands. "Where is she?"

"She went to the bathroom ", Luke sighs. "Are you okay though , i wanted to come around but I figured you wanted some space".

I sigh and shake my head.

"I've been better , I'm just tired I guess", I say shaking my head.

"Hey Mia , are you in there", I ask knocking on the bathroom door.

"Just a minute", she yells through the door.
"Yeah, want to apologise ", she asks throwing the door open with a smirk.

"Now I'm rethinking it ", I joke turning around.
"But I really am sorry Mia , I shouldn't have snapped , it's just I'm under pressure and now I have to go to the police station to make a statement against my father ", I sigh out.

"Do you want me to go with you ", Mia asked rubbing my shoulders.

"No , it's fine. Blake said he'll come with me but now I'm not sure anymore. We had a argument and I think he's upset me ", I sigh out.

"Oh come on, he loves you. He won't let some argument stand in the way of him being there for you ", Mia smiles softly.

"Yeah I guess", I mumble.

The car ride back the the apartment was silent.

I wasn't sure if I should be the one to apologise first , I mean maybe I was wrong and he just wanted to protect me. But everyone treats me like some kid that can't defend herself. I just expected him to at least give me a chance to prove to everyone that I can cope on my own.

Blake haven't said anything to me until we arrived at the apartment , only announcing that he's going to shower.

Me being here is definitely making things awkward for him. It's his home and he shouldn't be uncomfortable in his won home.
So what he come out the shower I tell him that's it's better if I go back home.

"If that's what you really want , but it's late now. I'll drop you off first thing tomorrow", he says siting on the bed in his basketball shorts.

I hum in response , I mean what else could I say. I will not apologise for standing up for myself. My mom raised me to be strong and independent.

I just knew I wouldn't be able to sleep in the same bed with Blake knowing his still mad at me.

I made my way to the living room and plop down on the couch with a quilt that lay over the couch.

I wake up to fingers gently moving across my face.

I groan and open my eyes to the bright light and see Blake crouching infront of me.

"Why are you sleeping our here", he asked , but I'm sure he already knows the answer.

"You were mad at me ", I mumble.

"I'd think it was the other way round. I made coffee and pancakes", he says standing up and walking to the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry , I'll just have a shower and call a Uber", I say folding the quilt.

"It's fine , I'll drop you off. I have to check on the cafe. What time should I take you to the police station", he asks sipping his coffee.

"It's okay you don't have to come. Mia already wanted to come and have a girls day. I think I'm just going to go home Blake ", I say looking down. I could never look anyone in their face and lie. 

"You don't have to go home. I thought we were spending the winter break together", he asks looking up from his mug.

"I think we both know that whatever we need to take a breather while we figure what to do next", I say looking anywhere but his face.

"Sure , whatever. I'll drop you off at home then", he shrugged.

I don't know what I was expecting , that he would apologise for beating up Eli , letting his anger get the better of him.
He claims to try to be better for me , but that's all talk. He's the same bad boy from school with anger issues.

************************************

A/N

Another update !

Don't forget to tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter 😊.

Bye , until next time 🥰.