CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

So here me and my mom are , standing infront of a beautiful grey brick wall waiting for the gates to open.

"This house is to beautiful , look at that garden ", my mom gushes.

"Yeah, it's quite something ", I mumble looking around.

The garden was huge , not to mention a little glass shed in the middle.

"Hello , welcome welcome. Come in , sorry for the delay I couldn't find the key ", a beautiful chocolate haired lady came to meet us halfway down the long path. "I'm Amelia , Brad's wife , he's in the bathroom. You must must Lucy and Emma. It's so nice to finally meet you", she ushered us in.

Damn , this lady is a ball of sunshine. And she won't stop smiling goodness. How is it possible for Axel to be this quiet.

"Yes , it's so lovely to meet you Amelia. You have a beautiful home. I made apple pie ", my mom smiles holding up the dish for Amelia to see.

"Ahh , I've heard about the famous apple pie from the Country Club. I can't wait to try it ", Amelia beams. "And how have you been Emma , Axel is upstairs. He'll be down in a minute", she smiled gently showing us into the living room.

Shit , that's what I've been dreading. Having to talk to Axel alone. I was hoping to hang around my mom for the whole night.

"Why , don't you head upstairs. It's the first door on the right. He can show you the game room ", Amelia smiles gesturing towards the stairs.

"Uh okay then ", I smile uncomfortably.

On my way towards the stairs Brad and Axel walks downstairs talking about some business thing.

"Oh hello gentlemen. I just sent Emma upstairs to get you ", Amelia beams.

"Ahh , Lucy , Emma. How lovely of you too come. How have you been ", Brad asks.

"I've been good. The migrans aren't that bad anymore ", I smile gently.

"That's good , I'm happy to hear that", Brad smiles.

Then the adults started talking about something boring and I decided to face my fears , okay not fears , but whatever comfortableness I felt.

I smile and turn to Axel who stood smiling slightly.

"Why don't we head up to the game room. Let the adults talk ", Axel says.

"Okay", I say and follow him up the stairs towards the game room.

When we finally reached a wooden door Axel opened the door that let me in first.

I smiled at the gesture and walked in.

I froze at the sight infront you if me.

"Holy shit Ax , this is awesome ", I gasped.

Shit , I just called him Ax.

Axle's chuckle brought me back to earth.

"Thanks I guess. I don't really have people over ", he mumbles looking anywhere but me.

"Why not ", I ask confused. "This is awesome. I bet Luke would be here everyday , probably break in just to play pool here", I chuckle.

"In case you haven't noticed , my mom's a bit overwhelming and her and Luke together is a bad idea ", he smiles.

Progress people ! This is progress.

I smiled and walked over to a pacman game and smiled.

"So, can I ask you something ", Axel suddenly blurts.

"Um yeah sure ", I say.

"So , I one we've known each other for a while now and I'm dating your best friend. So I just want us to um be okay , you know. Like talk I guess. Fuck , she said this would be easy. So , um I'm just gonna say it. Can we be friends , like talk. I know I don't talk alot , it's just that I guess I wasn't equipped with the set of skills my mom and dad has , even my baby sister has more social skills than me ", Axel rambled on and I smiled shaking my head.

"Axel , calm down. Breathe okay", I say resting my hand on his shoulders.
"It's okay , I get it. I just thought you didn't like me , as a friend I mean , the only reason you sat with us during lunch was because you had a crush on Mia. I mean , I've always wanted to be your friend. You just never gave me the indication that you wanted to be my friend ", I smiled stepping away from him.
"Now that that's out of the way , let's play a game of pool. I'll quash like a bug", I smiled happily.

'I found a friend in Axel ' , I sing in my head.

"We'll see ", he says and breaks.

"I won fair and square Axel ! " I yell at the top of my lungs.

"Nope , you cheated", he says with a shrug.

"Only because you're a sore loser ", I say with a bright smile.

"Whatever Em. You distracted me with your stupid jokes ", he claims with a raised eyebrow.

He's right , I was distracting him.

"Hey Axel , did hear hear what happened to the Italian Chef ", I asked when he was close to shooting his winning shot.

"No", he mumbles.

"He pasta way ", I said trying to keep my laughter in but immediately burts causing Axel to get a fright and accidentally shoot the wrong ball.

"Yeah , but yeah I have to admit it was funny ", I smirk.

"Axxy , Axxy. Mom says to come eat", a little girl with pigtails says running in the game room.

"Leah , what have to told you about running without your shoes on ", Axel scoulds picking her up.

"That I might trip and fall ", she says with a cute pout hugging his neck.

"And did you listen ", he asks.

"No , but I only wanted the scare you , I'm sorry Axxy", she says apologetically.

"It's okay Leah , just don't do that again ", he says with a small smile.
"Hey Leah , this is Emma. Say hi ", he says to the little girl.

"Hello Emma. You're pretty , just like Mimi ", she grins suddenly gasping. "Why isn't Mimi here , are you and Emma doing something bad ", she asks.

"No Leah , Emma is my friend and Mimi's friend. Don't worry ", Axel chuckles.

"She calls Mia , Mimi", Axel explains while walking down the stairs.

"Aww , that's so cute. She's cute  ", I smile looking at the little girl who kept walking at a fast pace trying not to run.

The food was absolutely delicious , it was safe to say that Amelia is a wonderful cook , after my mom of course.

Right now we were seated in the living room drinking tea with out apple pie and telling embarrassing stories about Axel when he was younger.

"And he fell straight into the mud. He didn't drink be his bicycle for weeks after that", Amelia laughed while Axel smiled embarrassed.

"You were a cute and adventurous baby", I chuckled looking at him with a smile.

"Whatever ", he rolled his eyes.

**********************************

A/N

Something on Axel !

Also , we're reaching the end of the book 😭. I really enjoyed writing it though and I hope you enjoyed reading it 😊.

Don't forget to tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter 😊.

Bye , until next time 🥰.