CHAPTER FOURTEEN

When Blake dropped me off at home , I walked into the house to see my mom and Nate in a heated discussion.

"Hey guys", I say unsurely.

"Hi sweetheart , your brother and I were just discussing something , how was school", my mom smiled tying her hair in a tight bun.

"Oh yeah , what about", I asked setting my bag down.

"Nothing , it doesn't matter right now", Nate sighed.
"Nate just told me that he's thinking of changing his major. He wants to major in sports something something ", my mom stressed rubbing her temples.

"Do you know how hard it is getting a job in today's world Nate. What happened to Engineering Nate , I thought that's what you wanted", my mom said looking at Nate.
"It is what I wanted mom. It's just that I will be able to go into sports management as well. It's no big deal , I'll still be qualified as a eginner. I just have to pay extra for a course. It'll all work out mom you'll see", Nate smiled.
"How much extra ", my mom sighed softly.
"Don't worry about mom. I got a sponsor who will pay for the course. It's like a student loan. In turn ,  I have to work for the company for a few years after I graduate , nothing major. Now stop worrying okay. You need your energy to give Blake a hard time ", Nate said smirking at me.

"Hey ", I say punching his arm.

"Hey , no fighting. I'll start with dinner , Em , sweetie, you do your homework and Nate , you get me more information about this whole thing okay. I need to know exactly what this whole thing is about", my mom said shooing us towards our rooms.

I pulled Nate towards my room ready to confront him about this whole illegal fighting thing.

"Hey , this is a new sweeter if you don't mind missy. Quit tugging it ", Nate complained stumbling into my room.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about that illegal fighting club you and Blake were at ", I asked getting straight to the point.

Nate rolled his eyes and takes a seat at my desk in my room.

"I wondered when your boyfriend would rat me out. It's not a big deal okay", Nate sighed.
"I fought a couple of nights , it was good money and I was good at it. End of story", he shrugged.

"No Nate , not 'end of story'. Why didn't you tell me. We told each other everything ", I say softly.

"Princess look , I did it to protect you. If I told you , you'd want to go to one of my fights and it was dangerous. Those aren't good people Em.You know I have a hard time saying no to that sweet face of yours", Nate joked pulling me into a side hug and pecking my head.

"I'd still like to know Nate. What is something had happened to you. What would have happened", I asked looking at him.
"Nothing happened Princess. I'm good , everything's good. I love you okay , now start on your homework while I think of ways to kill your boyfriend", Nate sighs standing up to leave.

"Nate", I yelled looking at him.

"I'm kidding , maybe not bye", he yells quickly leaving my room.

I shake my head and start on my English Lit homework.

Time flew by quickly by the time I finished my homework it was just an hour before Blake had to leave.

I decided on a pale pink dress with cream wedge sandles. I tied my hair  in a messy bun on top of my head. 

I heard the doorbell ring and I rushed to get door before Nate got there.

Wouldn't want Nate scaring Blake off.

I swing the door open and meet a shocked Blake staring at me with a small smile.

"Someone's excited ", Blake chuckled holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Hi", I smiled taking in his appearance.

He had a navy fitted shirt and black jeans and black dress shoes.

"You look beautiful baby ", Blake smirked wrapping his free arm around my waist.

"I might have a hard time keeping my hands to myself ", he said placing his lips on mine in an instant.

He tasted like mint and smelled like he just got out the shower.
I went it deepend the kiss when he suddenly pulled away with a smirk on his perfect face.

"Easy baby , wouldn't want your mom and Nate walking in on us ", blake chuckled moving away from me and fixing his tie.
"Sorry , um come in ", I said clearing my throat.

"Don't worry babe , I thoroughly enjoyed that kiss ", Blake winked causing me to blush and looked around for my mom and Nate.

"So, where's your mom and Nate ", Blake asked looking around.
"I don't know , let's go the living room", I say and turning around and see Nate walk down the stairs.
"Oh the man of the hour has arrived ", Nate said walking towards the stairs.
"Oh hey honey , Blake right", my mom said walking out the kitchen with oven mittens in his hands.
"Yes Ma'am , how are you ", Blake asked smiling at my mom.
"I hope you like lillie's", he asked handing my mom the flowers.
"Oh please , call me Lucy and thank you for the flowers Blake ", she smiled taking the flowers.
"So Stein , can I have a word in private ", Nate asked when my mom went to put the flowers in water.
I linked my arm through his and stood my ground.

"Whatever you have to say Nate , say infront of me ", I say firmly.
"It's okay Emma. It won't be long", Blake assured me with a smile and quick peck to my cheek.

"Hey honey , where's Blake ", my mom asked when I joined her in the kitchen.
"With Nate ", I say biting my nails.
"Stop that ", my mom say slapping my hand away.

"I thought you stopped biting your nails. Look how nice they're growing", she shook her head.

Biting my nails was always a nervous habit of mine , but I've recently stopped doing that.

"Sorry mom , I'm just nervous ", I sigh tucking my hands under my thighs.

Blake and Nate soon entered with neutral looks on their faces.

************************************

A/N

Another update my lovelies !

Don't forget to tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter 😊.

Bye , until next time 🥰.