𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

THE NEXT DAY HARLOW sat in transfiguration, fidgeting with her pen

THE NEXT DAY HARLOW sat in transfiguration, fidgeting with her pen. news of what had happened had spread throughout the school like rapid fire, and the rumors of who petrified miss norris had already began. harlow was snapped out of her fixation with her pen when she heard the door open and close.

professor mcgonagall walked in the room and took her spot at the front of the class, "could i have your attention, please? right. now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets."

the class turned their attention to professor mcgonagall who had her want pointed at some type of bird, "like so"

she tapped the bird with her wand once, "one," she did it again, "two," she then tapped the bird for the final time "three, vera verto"

a wave of magic come from her wand, and the bird transformed into a goblet. the students gasped in amazement.

she turned back to the class, "now it's your turn? who would like to go first?"

she began walking down the aisle and stopped at ron, "ah! mr. weasley. one, two, three, vera verto." she instructed.

ron cleared his throat, "ahem," he tapped his pet rat, scabbers three times, just as professor mcgonagal did, "vera verto."

with wave of magic scabbers to turn into a furry goblet with his tail still emerging from the back of the goblet, moving around while he was squeaking. the students let out smirked and snickered.

"that wand needs replacing, mr. weasley." professor mcgonagall told ron. hermione's hand shot up on the other side of the aisle harlow, looking back turned her attention to hermione, "yes, miss granger?"

"professor, i was wondering if you could tell us about the chamber of secrets." said hermione.

draco shot a suprised look at hermione and leaned over to harlow's ear. "people are trying to say it's you, you know?"

"are they now?" harlow whispered back, unfazed.

"well, did you?" he asked.

professor mcgonagall looked around the room "very well. well, you all know, of course, that hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: godric gryffindor, helga hufflepuff, rowena ravenclaw, and salazar slytherin. now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. one did not."

ron turns to harry, "three guesses who."

professor mcgonagall began speaking once more, "salazar slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to hogwarts. he believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods." hermione and draco glare at each other. "unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. now, according to legend, slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the chamber of secrets. well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. the heir alone would be able to open the chamber, and unleash the horror within,"