𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

HARLOW FINISHED TYING HER fiftieth balloon and threw it to the floor

HARLOW FINISHED TYING HER fiftieth balloon and threw it to the floor. she heard the door creek open behind her. cedric stood in the door way dressed in a white t-shirt and black jeans.

he pointed to the balloons scattered about the floor, "what's with the balloons?"

harlow pointed to the poorly drawn 'welcome home' poster on the wall, "they're for daphne and pansy."

cedric walked further into the room, "shouldn't you be relaxing? considering-"

"nope," she cut him off, "no more crying, relaxing, or self-pity."

"well you've been through a lot-"

she covered his mouth with one of her fingers and shushed him, "it's about to be a new year, new year new me."

he moved her finger from his lips, "okay darling, but are you sure blowing up dozens of balloons is the way to do it?"

harlow shook her head, "no, that's why you and i are going out tonight."

cedric raised his eyebrows and sat down on harlow's bed, "where?"

"i mean technically we're not going anywhere, except like down the hall." she walked up to her vanity and grabbed a red flyer that was tapped to her mirror, she handed it to him.

"party in the gryffindor common room?" he inquired.

she took it from him, "yep, it's a new years party and to celebrate everyone coming back."

"i can see that."

"so what do you say? can we go together?" she asked, smiling.

he shrugged and stood up, "i don't know, lo. i don't think it's a good idea."

she rolled her eyes, "when have you ever turned down a party?"

"okay, fine. i'll go with you." cedric replied.

harlow's eyes lit up, she hugged him. "thank you!" she pulled away and looked at him, "be here by ten."

ϟ

at ten-fifteen there was a knock at harlow's door. she got up from her vanity and opened the door. cedric stood with his hair pushed back out of his face, a piece stuck out and fell about half-way down his forehead. he was wearing the same black jeans but his shirt was replaced with a white button down shirt that was only half buttoned. he ran his fingers through his hair, fixing the rogue strand that laid on his forehead.

cedric eyed harlow's body up and down. her hair looked different then when he had last seen her, it was down and straightened. harlow wore a pink cropped bustier, black skinny jeans, with black heeled boots, which brought her head up to the level of his cheekbones. he raised his eyebrows and let out a whistle.

harlow smirked and slapped him gently, "stop it you're gonna make me blush." she said sarcastically. "and by the way, you're late."

"perfection takes time, darling." he joked.