𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

THE COLD PINCHED AT harlow's body, the wind slamming against her skin

THE COLD PINCHED AT harlow's body, the wind slamming against her skin. snow was collecting in flakes on her hair. the numbing cold turned her cheeks a bright red compared to the rest of her ice-white skin. she was cold to cedric's touch, shaking in his arms.

harlow's eyes fluttered open slowly. she looked around then up at cedric, he was carrying her bridal style. she looked down at herself, over her ice-cold body was cedric's jacket that he was wearing, leaving him in just a black long sleeved t-shirt.

cedric noticed that her heavy eyes opened, "stay with me lo, we're almost back at hogwarts."

harlow tried to respond but the words didn't leave her mouth. she put her head closer to cedric's body and fell back into the darkness.

ϟ

harlow opened her eyes slowly, letting the light of the room blind her eyes and make her vision blurry. she felt a hand on her face and saw a figure standing over her. she felt something that she hadn't felt in what seemed like forever, warmth. there was a blanket draped over her body and as she readjusted herself she felt a pillow that propped up her head.

her vision focused on the figure and she smiled, cedric. he stood over her, with the same toothy grin he always had. his brown hair was unruly and messy, he was wearing a white wife beater and black sweatpants. he was running his hand over the side of her face caressing her. although she didn't mean to, she flinched away from him. cedrics look saddened as he withdrew his hand from her face.

"am i in heaven?" muttered harlow. the doors to the hospital wing opened and in walked professor snape and dumbledore with an unfamiliar looking man in the middle of themi. "nope, definitely not heaven." she groaned.

cedric gave her a small smile as the two of them approached, "welcome back, miss potter."

harlow shot them a sarcastic smile.

"how are you feeling?" asked dumbledore.

"splendid." harlow replied sarcastically.

"miss potter, this is rufus scrimgeour. head of the auror office." dumbledore motioned to the unfamiliar man in between him and snape "he's here to question you about the kidnapping."

harlow looked up at them and nodded. she felt her heart begin to race again. the feeling of anxiety crept up on her and weighed her chest down. she took a deep breath.

snape side eyed cedric, "you can leave."

cedric nodded and began to walk away. before he could go far enough, harlow grabbed his hand. "no, he can stay."

cedric looked down at her hand then back up at her. she let go of his hand quickly and placed it back at her side, all while snape glared at her. cedric sat down in the chair that was next to her and stared at her intently.