𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

THE NEXT DAY, HARLOW sat alone silently at a table in the library, she was reading a book

THE NEXT DAY, HARLOW sat alone silently at a table in the library, she was reading a book. her hair was in a messy bun with a few hairs falling out of it. she heard a noise coming from next to her and saw the chair next to her being pulled out. she looked at who was pulling the chair, it was cedric. when harlow realized it was cedric she turned back to her book and flipped the page.

he sat down in it and stared at her and then looked down at the book she was reading, "pride and prejudice, huh?"

harlow didn't look at him, "what do you want cedric?"

"i just wanted to talk about last night." stated cedric.

"that's funny cause i don't." harlow flipped to another page.

"can you at least look at me?" he asked.

she finally turned to face him and slammed her book closed, "no cedric, because whenever i look at you i see the look on your face when you were fucking her."

cedric looked down, "you weren't supposed to walk in."

"but i did." harlow said.

"you could've knocked." he told her.

harlow scoffed, "trust me if i could go back in time just so i could knock instead of walking in i would."

"god harlow, why are you so upset?" he asked.

"because-" i thought you liked me. she wanted to say, but she held her tongue, "you know what, i'm not cedric."

"so then we're good?" cedric asked.

harlow gave him a side eye, "if i said no are you just gonna go fuck stella again?"

cedric smirked, "maybe."

harlow rolled her eyes, "douche bag." she pushed her chair out and stood up, she turned to leave but cedric grabbed her hand.

"sit down." he said, "please." she sat back down reluctantly, "i'm sorry"

"it's fine." replied harlow.

"so we're fine?" asked cedric again.

harlow nodded, "yeah, whatever."

he gave her a suspicious look, "okay, cool. why were you even coming into my dorm in the first place?"

"i wanted to see if you were okay with me going to the dance with anthony, you seemed pissy before." she told him.

"i seemed 'pissy?'" he laughed, harlow nodded, "i wasn't i just don't want you to get hurt by him again lo," he placed his hand on her lower thigh. "you're like a sister to me, i'm just a little protective that's all. you get that right?"

she gave him a forced smile, "yeah, totally."

ϟ

harlow and cedric walked into the great hall together, they saw a group of students gathered around one long table. there were stairs that led up to the table.