𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

LATER THAT DAY CEDRIC sat in his dorm room on his bed

LATER THAT DAY CEDRIC sat in his dorm room on his bed. his legs hung off the side of the bed, his hands intertwined together forming in one fist that firmly supported his chin. he waited patiently for anthony to come back to the dorm for the night. his mind wondered to what he'd do to anthony first, throw insults at him, maybe kick him out of the dorm room for night. he decided the best option was to just simply beat the shit out of anthony.

he heard distant whistling and then the door creak open, cedric snapped his head towards the door and got up from his position on the bed.

anthony walked through the door, eyes closed, whistling a tune. cedric wasted no time he slammed anthony against the wall, causing anthony's head to smack into the wall. anthony stopped whistling and opened his eyes to meet cedrics' eyes.

"what the hell man," anthony spat.

cedric scoffed and slammed anthony on the wall again, harder this time. "what did i tell you, i told you to stay away. could you not even follow that simple of a rule?"

"she came to me, ced." he said, pushing cedric off of him, pacing towards the other side of the room. "i didn't do anything"

cedric was fuming, he rushed towards anthony and punched him in the face. anthony scoffed, "you hit like a pussy."

anthony punched back, the punch made cedric's head spin. anthony kept punching him until he was against the wall.

anthony pinned cedrics hands to the wall, "and if it really bothers you that much, you can have her when i'm done."

cedric let out an inhuman noise that was a mixed between a growl and scoff. cedric kneed anthony in the crouch, which caused anthony to let go of cedrics hands. cedric used this moment of weakness to hit anthony back, harder than he struck him before. this time cedric had no reason to hesitate.

anthony fell onto the ground, cedric crawled on top of him, striking him over and over again.

the door opened once again, their third room-mate, zacharias smith, opened the door. wide-eyed he rushed over to the two of them, he tried to pry cedric back but to no avail.

"STOP IT!" he yelled, "THE TWO OF YOU STOP NOW!"

cedric stopped punching anthony, he didn't move, his breathing was heavy. anthony's breathing was shallow, blood dripped down into anthony's mouth from his nose.

"what the hell has gotten into the both of you lately." zacharias scolded. "this isn't us, we've been friends since we were three years old and now you two wanna turn on each other!"

cedric got up from on top of anthony, cedric knew zacharias was right. a wave of guilt crashed over cedric, but at the same time apart of him wanted to strangle anthony. nevertheless, he extended a hand to anthony. anthony took it hesitantly, pulling himself up.

"look-" cedric began.

"go fuck yourself, cedric." anthony spat out as if it was venom, "i don't get what your deal with the chick is, but take it up with her not me."

zacharias scoffed, "that's what this is about, that potter girl? again?"

cedric shook his head, "you don't understand, i need to look out for her."

"last time i checked, when dumbledore told you to look out for her last year i don't think he meant cock-block her." anthony snapped.

"harlow's not a toy anthony, she's not like the other girls we just blow through. she's different."

"what makes her so different?" inquired anthony.

"she's my friend-" cedric was cut off by anthony.

"no, no, you've had other girl friends. none like this. she means something to you doesn't she?"

"no." denied cedric, "not like that at least."

"then what? what cedric? what's so important about her?" asked anthony, coming closer to cedric.

cedric's voice was dry, hesitant, "i- you know what i'm not doing this with you."

anthony chuckled sourly, "so your gonna beat the shit out of me, and not even give me a good reason."

cedric looked at anthony, the blood that was still gushing from his nose had made his way down on his shirt. when he chuckled cedric could see the blood that temporarily dyed anthony's teeth.

"the reason is," cedric took a deep breath and exhaled, "shes my best friend and i don't want to have to be the one to pick up her pieces after you shatter her."

"what makes you think i'm gonna 'shatter her" scoffed anthony.

"because anthony!" cedric's voice was raised, "THATS ALL YOU DO!"

"OH AND LIKE YOUR SO MUCH BETTER , YOUR JUST AS BAD AS I!" sneered anthony.

"MAYBE SO! BUT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU ITS DIFFERENT THIS TIME." he took another deep breath, "look, just stay away from her and ill forgive you for all of this."

"you forgive me? no mate, it's the other way around."

cedric scoffed, his heart was beating hard, slamming against his chest, "just stay away."

cedric walked towards the door and realized it was ajar, zacharias had never fully closed it. he opened it and saw a group of hufflepuff first years gathered around.

professor sprout was pushing her way through the crowd, "excuse me, out of the way."

she came to the front of the crowd, "what is all this ruckus boys-" she stopped when she saw cedrics face. his lip had a prominent gash in it and was gushing blood. she looked behind him and saw the small puddle of blood, it was impossible to tell if it was cedric's or anthony's.

"what is the matter of this!" she ordered to know.

"i-" cedric began but couldn't find an answer.

"nevermind that, both of you to the infirmary now. i'll bring you to dumbledore in the morning."

cedric walked out of the dorm, anthony following after him.

anthony touched the bridge of his nose and cringed."i think it's broken professor." he said.

"oh dear, come now." she said, motioning her hand for them to follow her.