𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

HARLOW STOOD NEAR THE fireplace next to her brother

HARLOW STOOD NEAR THE fireplace next to her brother. mr. weasley and his children stood behind them watching their mother. mrs. weasley picked up a pot that was to the right of the fireplace.

mrs. weasley motioned to harry, "right. here we are harry, you go first dear, then harlow."

"but they've never traveled by floo powder before mum," ron told his mother.

"floo powder?" harry inquired.

"what's that?" harlow asked.

"oh, well you go first ron, so that they can see how it's done. yes, in you go that's it." she said motioning ron into the fireplace. she held out the pot to ron and he took a handful of it.

ron extended his arm that held the powder out in front of him, "diagon alley!" he yelled and let go of the powder in his hands. the moment the powder hit the floor the fireplace filled with green fire that lasted only for a moment, when the fire cleared the spot where ron was standing was now empty.

"you see? it's quite easy, dear." mrs. weasley said to the potters.

"um, is he okay?" harlow asked.

"of course he is dear, that's how floo powder works." clarified mrs weasley.

harlow gulped, remembering the sight of the flames, "oh cool."

"it's your turn harry," mrs. weasley said, mr. weasley patted harry on the back in encouragement. "don't be afraid. come on. come on. in you go. that's it, mind your head. that's right. now take your floo powder."

harry extended his hand and reached into the pot taking the same amount of floo powder as ron.

"that's it, very good. now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly." instructed mrs. weasley.

"diaganilly" shouted harry, throwing the powder down at the floor, making harry evaporate into thin air.

"what did he say, dear?" mrs. weasley asked.

"diaganilly." responded mr. weasley.

"i thought he did." sighed mrs. weasley.

"he's helpless," harlow whispered to ginny, who nodded in a agreement.

"well, i suppose it's harlow's turn now." mr. weasley pointed out.

"oh yes, come my dear." mrs. weasley said, taking harlow hand and guiding her into the fireplace. mrs weasley stepped back and held the pot out for harlow.

harlow grabbed a hold of the powder, it was softer then she imaged it to be. the texture reminded her of the flour that she'd use to bake cakes for dudley's birthdays back in surrey. she tried to ignore the memory as soon as she thought about it.

she smiled nervously, "well, wish me luck."

harlow cleared her throat, "diagon alley." she released the floo powder that was in her hand and let it fall to the ground. the green fire engulfed her body, harlow flinched.