𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

THE NEXT NIGHT, HARLOW sat on her bed, a pencil in hand, staring at a blank piece of paper

THE NEXT NIGHT, HARLOW sat on her bed, a pencil in hand, staring at a blank piece of paper. her knees were brought to her chest, she put her pencil down and groaned, unable to think of anything to draw. she looked over at the bottle of water on her desk.

"wingardium leviosa." she muttered, the water bottle stayed put. she furrowed her eyebrows and reached into her bedside table draw, pulling up her wand and pointing it at the bottle of water, "wingardium leviosa." still nothing.

harlow stared at her wand confused, this had never happened to her before. she'd done that spell a thousand times, usually she didn't even need a wand. "wingardium leviosa!" she commanded in annoyance, nothing happened.

she groaned and placed her drawing book and her wand next to her on the bed. she stood up, her vision was blurry, she stumbled back and sat back down, holding her head. her brain felt like it was on fire. she got up again, this time walking over to her desk and taking a sip of her water. harlow placed it back down and looked at the picture frame on her desk. it was the picture of cedric and her that he gave her. she missed him a lot more than usual, she smiled at the image of cedric.

harlow jumped when she heard a knock at her door. her head turned and she walked towards the door and opened it. ron and harry were staring back at her.

"no." she stated and tried to slam the door in their face.

"harlow!" harry called out, stopping the door with his arm.

harlow opened it back up, "no, whatever crazy thing you're planning, leave me out of it."

harlow attempted to close the door again, "the monster in the chamber is a basilisk, no ones dead yet because no one look at it directly but it killed moaning myrtle about fifty years ago, and the air of slytherin took ginny." ron blurted out.

harlow opened the door all the way, "i sincerely dislike the both of you sometimes, you know that?"

ron and harry nodded and spoke in unison, "we know."

ϟ

the three of them crept through the dark and creepy halls of hogwarts, harry had told harlow that they should talk to professor lockhart about ginny, which harlow, of course, was more than thrilled to do. the three dashed into his office.

"professor, we've got some information for you-" harry began but stopped when he realized what lockhart was doing. the shelves of lockhart's office were stripped and vacant, he had two large trunks standing open. "are you going somewhere?"

"um, well, yes. urgent call, unavoidable. got to go." answered lockhart, frantically.

"what about my sister?" asked ron.

"well, as to that, most unfortunate. no one regrets more than i." said lockhart.

"you're the defense against the dark arts teacher! you can't go now!" spat ron.

"i must say, when i took the job, nothing in the job description-" he began.