𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

HARLOW WAS FIXING UP her appearance in the mirror

HARLOW WAS FIXING UP her appearance in the mirror. she had thought of yesterday's events all night, they kept her up. she had put just enough concealer under her eyes to hide the bags that had been created from her sleepless night.

she threw her head back and sighed, realizing that today was saturday. she had detention on that day. she turned her head to the clock. it's only one twelve forty five she thought. that meant she had exactly fifteen minutes before she had to be in snape's classroom.

the door to her dorm opened and in walked daphne, her wet hair was tied up in a towel and had a towel wrapped around her body.

"hey daph." harlow smiled.

"hi harls," greeted daphne, who walked over to her dresser and began to search for clothes.

"where's pansy?" harlow asked.

daphne stopped rummaging through her clothes for a minute, "i think she said she's hanging out with draco."

harlow laughed, "typical."

daphne pulled out pants from her dresser and laid it down on her bed, she then walked over to the closet the girls shared and began looking for a shirt. "do you wanna go to the library after i get ready? i have to do research for herbology."

"ugh," harlow groaned, "i wanna but i have detention with snape."

daphne laughed at her, "you poor soul."

harlow nodded, "yeah, i'm gonna go get coffee, but i'll catch you later."

"bye," daphne waved.

ϟ

after going to the great hall to get coffee, she made her way down to snape's classroom, coffee cup in hand. she pushed the door open and it was completely empty. she thought nothing of it and took a seat two rows back from snape's desk.

she pulled out her blacknote book, deciding to doodle while she waited for him. she heard the door open behind her, she jumped a little. two voices were chatting back and forth, but harlow couldn't make out the words. she turned around to see cedric and anthony rolling their eyes at each other.

"lo?" cedric asked, recognizing her. harlow turned around, deciding to ignore him.

"what are you doing here?" inquired anthony.

"whomping willow." was all she said, and the two seemed to understand.

the door opened again and then slammed close, snape walked in, his robe blowing behind him. he sat at his desk and cleared his throat. "the two of you sit."

anthony and cedric sat one row behind harlow, on opposite ends of the isle.

"copy potion definitions that are at the back of the textbooks under your seats." he said in his monotone voice.