Chapter 12

"Who is she again Draco?"

"Abella she was a year below us Pansy. Surely you remember her. You used to call her Harry's little pet... Does she still not ring a fucking bell."

"Goodness Draco just say her bloody name!  You'd best be relaxing if I were you and yes, I do remember her now.... Look at her. She sleeps so peacefully-"

Eden grabbed the sheets and threw them over her head to cover herself from the judgement of Pansy Parkinson.

Half asleep or fully awake she would remember her voice anywhere.

Say, the only reason why she was up was because of Pansy's voice.

She heard it and her body jolted out of it's slumber out of pure curiosity.

Though Eden was barely even awake, just enough to the point where she could eavesdrop.

Pansy had been talking about Eden for the last hour like she was not there and Malfoy just stood there and observed her while she slept.

The reason they were there was still unclear, but there was nothing she could have done to get them out anyway. 

She was only a prisoner after all.

"Not so peaceful anymore?  Haven't you heard Eden...  It's Christmas.  Is this where you're going to be spending the whole night or-"

"Pansy cut it out will you?"  Malfoy spoke up.  "Let's leave her be-"

"But why-"

"I said let's leave her be.  Come on Pansy.  I'm being serious."  He said sternly.

Pansy, with a smirk on her face turned to look at him, bringing her hands up in a sarcastic self defence and started to the door.  "Are you serious Draco?  Are you really serious?"  She teased.

His mouth never formed into a smirk, nor did he show any signs of enjoying her jokes, but Pansy was one of the only people who was able to read under that.

"Abella?"

Eden's head popped out from under the sheets and she tiredly looked at the door seeing Malfoy sticking his head in.  That was all he needed in order to know she was listening.  Not even a word left her mouth before he started speaking again.

"If I were you I would try to get up today.  You've been in bed for three days now have you not?"

"Leave Malfoy.  Go be with your friend."

"I'm serious.  You think I'm out to hurt you when that is not the case at all-"

Eden was awake now.

This argument was bringing forth all of her pent up rage and in turn she got energized pretty quickly. 

Bringing her hands to her hair, she pushed it back and off of her shoulder.  It was pinching her and she felt uncomfortable with her hair in that position.

"You know I always thought you were smart, but I never pegged you to be a liar.  All these years and only now I have realized...  What a shame we didn't know each other in school, right?"

"It's a privilege that I am being nice to you.  Cherish it while you still can Abella."

The door shut abruptly in a harsh manor and he was gone. 

Eden was once again alone. 

Like she did on the days that she did not spend in her bed, Eden walked over to the bathroom, doing her hair and washing her face, then she would brush her teeth and get herself sorted, pick out the same clothes she wore all the time, put on her shoes and then stared out the window for a good 2 hours until Tissy would come to put her clothing away.