Chapter 60

For a week straight, the routine stayed the same.

Eden would wake up, eat breakfast, go for an early morning walk with Tissy, and then come back inside and lay in bed all day while staring at the window.

Spring, where they lived, was always horrible. Rain almost every single day, darkness from the clouds covering the sun.

It was awful yet so beautiful at the same time.

The leaves on the trees were beginning to grow back and flowers were blooming in the fields and gardens surrounding the houses area.

Almost every morning, Eden made it her duty to go look at a few red roses growing outside of the home. Every day they looked more colourful and full.

After being cooped up all winter, this really gave Eden a sense of excitement. Even the air was smelling fresher; no longer that cold feeling whenever she breathed in.

Draco would always immediately follow her out of the house after not feeling her in his arms.

It was a natural reaction of his.

Not feeling her there scared him, he wanted to be near her; close enough to her that he could watch her at all times.

It was not some sort of jealousy thing.

For all he cared Eden could be put in a room with the hottest men in the whole world because the boy knew she would always come back to him and him only.

So it was more of a him thing. It put his mind at bay and made him calmer, plus she was fascinating to watch.

On this particular morning, as Draco walked out of the house, Eden reached down to a single rose, feeling it's petals and sliding her way down to the stem.

It was like the girl forgot that roses did indeed have thorns sticking out of them and quickly she pulled her fingers away, looking at the small cut that was bleeding out on her index finger.

Two hands were placed on her upper arms and a head was rested upon her right shoulder.

"It appears that you have hurt yourself Eden... Have you forgotten that roses can do that?" Draco asked and squeezed her shoulders ever so gently.

Eden smiled and stared at the blood bubble forming in front of her. "I supposed I have. I haven't seen roses in quite some time..."

The boy grabbed her wrist and brought her finger to his mouth, suddenly sucking on her finger out of nowhere.

Her body whipped around as she stared at him confused as ever.

What was he doing?

"It restricts blood flow. Also cleans the wound." Draco explained after seeing her clearly confused reaction.

"Why could you not have just- just like... Done it with your wand?"

"Because now you're all nervous and your face is turning red. You thought it was hot didn't you?"

It was true, Eden's face was heating up and she was so nervous that she could not get her words out of her mouth properly, but still she denied it.