Memory 17

April, 1998

"No... NO PLEASE! He's just a child. PLEASE STOP IT!"

The child's screams and cries of pain were echoing throughout the whole room.

Tall ceilings.

Marble floors.

Beautiful pillars and paintings that lined the walls.

"EDEN PLEASE!" He shouted so loudly it even caused the guards around the room to flinch.

Tears filled her eyes. There was nothing she could do. Her magic was stripped away by entering the room. Everyone who did not have a dark mark would experince this upon entering.

She should have listened to Draco. She should have stayed back.

But she did not and now she was listening to the whips of terror on the poor 11 year old boy. So young.

Colin Burke was his name.

She remembered him from before school let out. She'd helped him to his first charms class of the semester.

Poor boy.

He did not deserve this.

No one his age did.

Lining the walls beside her were Luna, Angelina, Lavender and a bunch of other Order members that had been caught while injured in battle... They were all waiting to be killed.

"LET HIM GO PLEASE! PLEASE!"

A hand impacted her cheek slapping her across the face.

That was the final straw.

That was what made her burst into tears.

Not from the pain, but rather the fact that she couldn't do anything to help the boy who was so desperately calling out for her to save him.

Eden woke up with a jump, slightly twitching when her eyes opened, but was quickly relaxed by the feeling of a hand around her waist, pulling her closer and nuzzling his head into the back of her neck.

"Bad dream?"

All she did in response was nod her head, feeling for his hand and finding it near her chest.

"What was this one about?"

"Colin Burke. He's a first year so I don't suppose you'd know him. He was being beaten to death in front of a bunch of people from The Order and I. I was screaming for them to stop, there was nothing I could do to help him. I woke up when someone slapped me. A tall Death Eater. He had a mask on though. I'm not sure who he was... Do you think these mean something Draco?"

For the last part of March and the beginning of April, Eden had been having dreams like this twice per week. Always something to do with the war and always stuff about death and pain. For the amount of times she'd have these kinds of dream, she was beginning to think they meant something; like a warning to her.

"I'm sure they're just nightmares. You've been very stressed. It would only make sense. I need to go soon." Draco mumbled and pulled his head away from her neck as she turned her head to look at him.

"Promise me you'll be safe? You won't get hurt."

"I promise you Eden. Just like every other day you ask me. I'm strong enough to get through 3 hours of duelling. You won't need to worry about me. As for you, I want you to be rested and I want you to stay here. You know the rule-"