Memory 2

October, 1997

Hermione sat on the field outside the burrow, her hands placed by her sides even though the prickly feeling of the grass pained her the slightest bit.  She took in the fresh air and let her head fall back when suddenly the hot sun shining down on her was covered and all the warmth she once felt was gone. 

Her eyes opened and she frowned seeing who it was that had blocked her view.

"Wow...  Thanks Hermione."  Eden plopped down beside her and looped her arm around her best friend's.

Hermione knew this act all too well.  "What is it you want Eden.  You always do this when you want something...  Is it ballet related because if so I'm not helping.  I'm tired right now this is my day off-"

"You know that lovely potion you made for Ginny and Dean...  Well I need one now.  It doesn't have to be today unless you have one on you, but yes, I will be needing one."

Hermione's eyes widened and her frown turned into an amused smile.

"A pregnancy prevention potion!  Oh my god Eden!  You bad, bad girl!"

Oh lord...  How embarrassing.

If she spoke any louder all the Weasley's would hear and she knew she would NOT hear the end of it from Fred and George.  Those two were always up her ass about stupid things like sex and her problems with Harry.

In a way, they felt like the brothers she never had, though she was much closer to Fred than she was George.

Her face began to heat up until her cheeks were notably red from how nervous she got now.  "Just give me the bloody potion when you get it.  And don't mention anything to anyone ESPECIALLY Fred!  It's his day off and who knows how much he'd make fun of me if he heard."

"When have I ever told anyone your secrets?!  I would never.  I might have one in my bag, but if not I'll have it done by tonight."

The two girls sat in silence until Hermione rested her head on Eden's shoulder and looked at the tall weeds blowing back and forth in the cool October wind.

They had been out of school for only 2 months, but it was still so crazy. 

School had been cancelled...

When did Hogwarts ever cancel their classes.  This was definitely going to be going down in some history textbooks...

"Do you think you know who is really going to try and take power again Eden?  If he does we'll need to get ready to fight.  He'll be after Harry... Me, you...  I don't think I'm ready for that yet.  I'm only 18-"

"Stop Hermione.  He's not coming back...  We won't need to do anything.  We'll be safe."

"I think we should start enjoying our last bits of freedom Eden.  I can feel it inside of me...  Call it a precognition.  Everything seems off.  The days are losing their spark and feel so long compared to before and not to mention living with Ron.  The Weasley's are amazing, they truly are; but I just cannot stand to see Ron all day everyday.  It just reminds me of a married couple.  It's too much.  Sometimes I just need alone time, away from him.  Or something like this!"  Her cool hands grabbed onto Eden's.  "With you alone, just talking."

Oh, did Eden know the feeling. 

When she did not spend her days here at the burrow, her days were spent walking around Muggle streets or staying locked up in that room of her's at the Malfoy's mansion.  It was a lovely room, but it got boring.  The only person who came was Tissy, their house elf and that was only if she was lucky enough to catch her in the morning time when she came to do laundry.