Chapter 12 Getting it Back

A/N I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS SWIRLING AROUND IN MY HEAD SO IM SORRY IF IM UPDATING LIKE CRAZY BUT IM SCARED IF I DON'T I WILL LOSE THEM. IF ITS TOO MANY UPDATES DON'T BE AFRAID TO TELL ME BECAUSE I WILL JUST TYPE THEM UP BUT SPREAD OUT WHEN I POST THEM. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY RIGHT NOW AND IM ABOUT TO THROW IN SOME SUGGESTIONS FROM JORDANEMILLAR. IF ANYONE ELSE HAS SOME IDEAS THEY WOULD LIKE IN THIS STORY FEEL FREE TO TELL ME. I CAN'T PROMISE ILL USE THEM ALL BUT IF THEY FIT INTO IT I WILL CERTAINLY ADD THEM AND GIVE YOU CREDIT. SO ANYWAYS ONWARDS WE GO INTO THE CRAZY RECESSESS OF MY MIND. I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS AS MUCH AS ME BECAUSE I MIGHT BE WELLLL SLIGHTLY OBSESSED.

Chapter 12

            As the weeks turned into months, Mitch started to thaw from his frozen state of iciness towards Scott. The more time they spent together the more they slid back into old ways. It was very gradual but Scott was willing to wait if it meant they might have a small chance at happiness again. It started with Mitch coming out of his room for small amounts of time and watching tv with Scott. They would turn on their favorite SpongeBob episodes and giggle together at the hilarious antics of the sponge and starfish living in bikini bottom. As the tension between them settled, Mitch spent more time with Scott and even started to leave his bedroom door open so that Scott could come in whenever he liked. Scott would invite Mitch to go shopping or out to Starbucks but was turned down a lot at first. Eventually Mitch was ready to venture outside the apartment despite his fear of running into Travis and went places but only with Scott in tow.

            Scott talked to Alex on a daily basis and informed him of the progress Mitch was making. As much as he wanted to tell Alex it wouldn't work and concentrate solely on Mitch, there was a part of him the refused to let Alex go. Scott didn't feel like he was in love with Alex but maybe in love with the idea of him. Alex offered many times to fly out and visit and maybe even help with Mitch but Scott was able to hold him off with excuse of Mitch being too scared to be around anyone other than himself. He wasn't totally lying but at the same time he knew if Alex showed up, all the progress he had made with Mitch would be gone.

            It took a lot of convincing to show Mitch that Travis was bad for him. After a year of abuse it become a way of life for him so he just accepted it and moved on. Scott was able to talk him into doing therapy with a psychologist who was willing to do their sessions through Skype so that Mitch didn't have to leave and be scared. It had really seemed to be the turning point for Mitch and he gained enough confidence to call Travis and tell him he would not be coming back. Travis had thrown some empty threats and told Mitch he would regret it someday but Scott was there to hold his hand and give him the reassuring squeeze he needed to be strong. Travis didn't give up easily and continued to leave threatening messages on Mitch's phone. He went so far as to threaten him on twitter and Facebook if he didn't come back to him. It really scared Mitch because he knew what Travis was capable of. The scars on his body were proof of the insanity that was Travis.

            Scott was able to get Mitch to the police station and report the threats. They got a restraining order on Travis and if he tried to contact Mitch in any way he would be put in jail. The seemed to stop his harassment and Mitch was able to fully move on knowing that Travis wasn't a part of his life anymore. Eventually it came time for Scott to decide if he was going back to school or if he was going to drop out permanently. Scott knew he wanted to be with Mitch but it was so hard to give up his dreams.

            Scott sat Mitch down to explain the situation to him. "Hey Mitchie, here's the deal. I took a sabbatical from school to make sure I was here for you and I am glad I did. I would do it 100 times over to see you so happy and carefree like you are now. My only problem is if I don't go back this semester I will be permanently dropped from the roster and won't be able to go back. I'm more than happy to stay here with you forever but I have to know where your heart is. If you want me to stay then I will but if not we have to figure something out. I don't want to leave. Will you ask me to stay? Can we try to get beyond all this and maybe be together again? Is there a future for us?" Mitch contemplated what Scott was saying and debated putting up the cold shoulder again. He didn't want Scott to leave but staying here wasn't what was best for him. He thought hard and knew he had thought this before and that was how he got into the trouble he did with Travis. "Scott, when I left you before, I did it so you could have a meaningful and successful future without me there to muck it up. I realize now that you are capable of so much more than I even knew. I want nothing more than to stay in this safe little bubble you have created for us but I can't be the reason you don't follow your dreams and become everything you should be. Don't stay here just because of the chance we might work out. Live your life but don't cut me out either. If I can't be with you, I have to at least be your friend. I know now that I need you in my life no matter what capacity it is."

            Scott scooped Mitch up into his lap and wrapped his arms around his thin waist. "You are my dreams Mitch. All of those future plans were made with you and they won't be complete without you. I want to go back and pursue my dreams but only if you will come with me. I know you didn't get accepted this year but you can try for next year plus USC isn't the only good college in California. There are lots of choices or even online choices. I will help you however you need me to. Just please come with me." Mitch laughed and kissed Scott's cheek, "So what are we gonna do share that little twin size bed you are given in your dorm room? I'm sure your roommate would just love that." Scott grinned knowing what Mitch joking meant. "As cozy as that sounds I was thinking we could get a place together off campus. Just us. One bedroom. One Life. One future. Forever together."

            Mitch tried to hold back the flood gates but he couldn't help himself. He felt his eyes start to leak small rivers of tears at Scott's amazing words. "Ok Scottland you talked me into it. When do we leave?" Scott was elated. He stood cradling Mitch and spun them around. Mitch giggled before they fell back on the couch unbalanced and slightly dizzy. Scott cupped Mitch's face and brought his lips to Mitch's. "We are really going to do this. It's you and me against the world baby. Beyoncé and Jay-Z for life." Mitch laughed loudly at Scott's statement. "Well I must be the Beyoncé in this equation because we all know I'm the queen and I am way too pretty to be Jay-Z." Scott grinned. "I'll happily be Jay-Z if it means you are my queen Bey." Mitch crinkled his nose at Scott. "You are such a dork." Scott pulled Mitch to his lips and muttered against them, "You love this dork and you know it."

            The boys spent that night getting reacquainted with each other. It had been so long since they were intimate that Scott got lost in the beauty that was Mitch. Every moan, every muscle stretching, every kiss, every lick, every touch, all of it was new and fresh. Scott took his time exploring Mitch and getting to know the new body he inhabited but remembering all the things the old one liked. He teased and touched and stroked every bit of Mitch's body that he could emitting small screams of joy and ecstasy from the boy. When he couldn't handle anymore he took Mitch all the way to his breaking point and fell over the cliff with him. They enjoyed cuddling close as their bodies cooled from their first time making love as a new couple. "I love you Scott. I never stopped." Scott smiled back as he cuddled up to Mitch to try to rest and plan their future. There was only one obstacle in his way, what was he going to do about Alex. Little did he know Alex was the least of his problems because on the other side of town an evil man by the name of Travis was plotting his revenge against the two boys who dared to challenge his authority? "Enjoy him now Scott because by the time I'm done he will be all you have left and then when you think you can't lose anymore, I'll take him too." Travis laughed easily as he walked into his apartment with his next victim.