Chapter 26 Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

A/N OK SO THERE IS PROMISE OF SMUT IN THIS CHAPTER FOR MY SMUT BOOK. I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IT YET BUT IT WILL BE UP HOPEFULLY BY TONIGHT BUT AT THE LATEST TOMORROW. DONT HATE ME LOL I WILL PUT UP SOME GOOD ONES FOR YOU ALL. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE ENJOYED THIS RIDE AS MUCH AS I HAVE AND LOOK OUT FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT VERY VERY SOON. LOVE YOU ALL <3BRITT<3

Chapter 26

4 years later……

            The funeral was a turning point in so many lives. Scott was stunned at what his mom had done for him but he was so grateful that despite everything that happened he had her. He knew no matter what he could face the worse of the world as long as he had his mom and his soon to be husband.  Connie and Scott cut ties will all of Richards family after that day. They kept trying to come up with excuses for what Richard had done even accusing Scott of lying just to make him look badly. That was the final straw for Connie and she said some not so nice words to end that situation very quickly. It wasn’t long after that Scott and Mitch decided to move out to L.A. Mitch wanted Scott to complete his degree and get the job of his dreams.

            Scott was so grateful that he had Mitch in his life. He didn’t know what he would have done if they hadn’t gotten back together. Things were amazing between them. He and Mitch both had wonderful therapists that helped them work through not only the issues in their relationship but also the past lives that had affected them so much. Scott was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and given the proper medication to help control his mood shifts. He hadn’t lashed out at Mitch in well over a year and it was great. They were happy in L.A. Scott missed his mom but she came out to visit with her now husband Austin.

            A year after Scott and Mitch moved away Austin had asked Scott permission to marry his mom. It was cheese but sweet and Scott happily agreed and even walked her down the aisle. Austin was an amazing guy and he truly made Scott’s mom happy. She decided to stay in Indiana with him but came out to California to see her boys at least once a month to keep up on their lives and help plan their wedding. Mitch’s mom had gotten remarried also. Nell met a nice guy at her local factory job and they had fallen fast for each other. She now had two more daughters that Mitch loved dearly. They were two of his favorite people in the world and he flew them out to he and Scott’s house as often as he could. The relationship between he and Nell was still strained but it was better in a way. Now that they had so much distance between them she seemed to appreciate him more. It also helped that she was working so hard to give his sisters the best life they could have. She moved out of their old neighborhood and her new husband Mike gave them everything they could ever ask for. Mike was great to Mitch and Scott and treated them like his own sons. Mitch was really happy his mom had finally gotten the right guy and glad she got the family she deserved.

            Scott proposed to Mitch on the 3 year anniversary of them getting back together. He took him out to Venice Beach and had a picnic set up. He even got those fake candles that you can turn on but don’t have to worry about them blowing out. He set up the candle lit dinner on a red and white checkered blanket accompanied by a wicker basket filled with their favorite foods. Having known Mitch for so long, he knew exactly what to bring. He led him over to their little part of paradise and pulled out slices of the best pizza L.A. had to offer along with a huge bottle of chardonnay. Mitch giggled at the unromantic choice of food but also felt his heart warm knowing this man would do anything in his power to make him happy.

            As they ate Mitch rested his head on Scott’s shoulder and watched the sun set over the beautiful ocean waves in the distance. “I love you Scottney. Thank you for sticking by me for so many years. I can’t believe we have been together for over 7 years. Did you think when you saw me that first time next door that we would end up here?” Scott smiled and rubbed his hand up and down Mitch’s leg. “I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you that no matter where we ended up it would be together.” Mitch smirked, “I love you dork.” Scott stood up and pulled Mitch up with him. He kneeled down as if to tie his shoe and pulled a dark blue box from his pocket. “Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi, you have made me the happiest man on the face of this earth. There is no beauty to match what I get to wake up to each day that I am in your arms. I know we have had a checkered past but we have fought from the very beginning. Even when we were apart our souls ached for our counterparts and we finally found our way back home. No matter where life takes us I know I will always be able to find my way home as long as that means I get to find my way back to you. Would you do me the extreme honor of sharing my last name and my life with you?”