Chapter 17 When Will It End?

A/N I AM SORRY AHEAD OF TIME IF THIS CHAPTER IS BAD. I AM GOING ON LITERALLY ABOUT 2 HOURS SLEEP. MY ADORABLE LITTLE SON WAS VERY SICK YESTERDAY AND WE HAD A TOUGH NIGHT OF SLEEP. IF ITS REALLY BAD PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO TELL ME AND I CAN TRY TO TWEAK IT OR MAYBE REWRITE IT. EITHER WAY I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU ALL HANGING ANYMORE THAN I ALREADY HAD. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. THANKS FOR READING <3 BRITT <3                                        

Chapter 17

        Travis sidestepped just in time for Scott to go flying into the nearby side-table. He laughed with an evil smirk on his face as Scott grabbed his head revealing a small cut that hurt more than it should. Scott stood up disoriented and saw Travis still had Mitch with the knife to his throat. "You're such a worthless idiot Scott. If you hadn't treated him so sh*tty in the first place we wouldn't even be here. You threw him away like yesterday's garbage and all I did was pick up where you left off. If I didn't train him into learning what a piece of shit he is and where his place is, you would have. Look at the stuff you said to him. You're no better than me. I'm the best one of us because at least I have true feelings for the little pansy even if they aren't many."

            Scott felt the guilt spear through him at Travis's words. "You're right Travis I treated Mitch like sh*t and he never deserved that. I had a prize every day that I got to spend with him and I took it for granted that he wouldn't leave me no matter what I did. I didn't deserve every year I got with him and I don't deserve him now. Just let him go. Neither of us is good enough for him. Let him go live his life and we can forget any of this ever happened. Please Travis, I know you feel like you are doing what is best but if you really think about it you know it isn't. There has to be a small part of you that really does care for Mitch or you wouldn't keep holding on like you do. Appeal to the good in you and let Mitch go. Let him live a full life."

            Travis loosened his grip on Mitch slightly and lowered the knife. A tear actually left his eye and Scott knew he had gotten through in some way to him. He didn't let go of Mitch but instead turned him around and embraced him hard. "I'm so sorry for hurting you Mitchie. I don't know what is wrong with me. I truly loved you from the beginning and I think I was so scared that you would go running back to Scott that I figured if I beat you down you would never leave. I broke your trust and your heart. It was so wrong of me and I'm so sorry. But you can't go back to him. If you won't be with me I understand and I'll try to get over it but he doesn't deserve you either. Look at your own value and know you deserve more than either of us bums can offer you."

            Mitch stood stone-faced facing Travis just waiting for him to end his speech. After everything he had gone through he had learned how to exit his mind in stressful and painful situations. He was there physically but mentally he was in his happy place where he and Scott were perfect. They were married with a few children and so very happy. None of these bad things had ever happened and they lived in complete bliss. It was Scott's voice that broke him from his dreams and brought him back to reality.

            "Mitch don't listen to him. He is right that we both did you wrong but I never hit you. I never hurt you on purpose. I say stupid sh^t when I'm mad but you know I don't mean it. I love you so much. Come home with me and let's work this out like we always do." Mitch looked past Travis into the blue eyes of the man he has loved since he was 16. He sighed heavily and looked back at the man who had been his tormenter for the last year. "Travis, I accept your apology. Thank you for it and I will try to move on but I want you out of my life forever. I don't deserve to be beaten. If you truly loved me and wanted me you should have shown it. Maybe if you had loved me instead of hurt me we would be together now but instead I just hate you. I forgive you but I'll never forget what you have done to me. The only thing I can say is take this lesson into your next relationship. If you get angry or mad remember that what you have done to me will haunt us both for the rest of our lives. Don't make the same mistake twice. I want to believe there is someone good residing under all that evil but right now all I can see if the person who beat me for a year and caused the blood that is leaking from my open wound."