Chapter 5 Where did we go wrong?

A/N SO IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TIE THE VIDEOS THAT I POST WITH THE CHAPTERS. THE ONE I PICKED FOR THIS ONE IS HONESTLY PARTICULARLY HEARTBREAKING. I PICKED THE TITLE FOR THE CHAPTER BEFORE I FOUND THE VIDEO AND THEN I FOUND THAT SONG AND I WAS LIKE UM FATE I THINK SO. ANYWAYS ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND IM SORRY IN ADVANCE. I EVEN HAD TEARS WRITING IT ESPECIALLY IF YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE YOU WRITE IT. I WONDER IF I SHOULD GET A STOCK IN KLEENEX BRAND I SEEM TO BE GETTING THEM SOME MAD BUSINESS LATELY. THANKS FOR READING EVERYONE AND ENJOY.

Chapter 5

            Mitch was jolted from his moment of joy by the sound of his boyfriend sobbing in the door way.  He immediately pushed Travis off and jumped up to run to Scott. As he approached him he wanted to embrace him and say how sorry he was. Scott pulled back and put a hand up. "Don't touch me. You have him all over you." Scott chocked out as he put his head down and walked to his room. He didn't know what to do. On one hand he had pushed Mitch away but how could he think it was ok to sleep with another man in the bed they slept in every night. He walked into his room quietly shutting the door behind him.

            Mitch stood in the doorway stunned. It took him a moment to realize he was less than decent. He turned to see Travis lying on his bed with a look of disbelief. "I'm sorry he found out this way Mitch but it's for the best. You said he is mean to you. Now he can see you have moved on and found someone who will treat you the right way." Mitch shook his head, "I'm sorry Travis I don't want to be mean to you, and I mean this in the nicest way possible but please get the h*ll out of my room and my home. I have to sort this out and see if I can put the pieces back together." Travis was visibly hurt but began to get dressed and make his way out. As he exited the apartment he pulled Mitch in for a hug and kissed his cheek. "Just remember I'm here when you need me. Don't let him convince you that you did anything wrong. You deserve so much more." Mitch looked him in the eyes before pushing him towards the door. "You don't know a thing about Scott. He loves me and what I just did with you was wrong. You have no idea how lucky I am. Don't bother using my number I'm done with you." Travis felt a catch in his throat as Mitch's words cut him like a knife. "Well if you change your mind you know where to find me." With that he walked out the door to be slammed shut and locked by Mitch.

            Mitch went to his room and got cleaned up and dressed. He ran his hands nervously over his side bangs trying to figure out what to say to Scott. He was trying to imagine walking in on Scott with another man but couldn't even begin to imagine the pain he was feeling. "How did things get so messed up so fast?" He muttered as he finally braved knocking on Scott's door. Scott walked over and opened it but walked back to his bed and threw himself down on it. Mitch walked in and sat on the floor indian style. He knew he didn't deserve to be close to Scott after what he had done. They sat in silence besides Scott's quiet sobs. Mitch felt a tear streak its way down his olive colored cheek. He wiped it away and knew he had to say at least something.

            "Scotty, please talk to me. I'm so sorry my love. I don't know what I was thinking." Mitch waited to see if he was going to get a reaction at all out of Scott. All he got was more sobbing. He figured he may as well go for broke and unfolded his legs standing to walk over to the man who owned his heart. He sat on the bed next to Scott and placed his hand on his thigh. Scott flinched away from him breaking Mitch's heart into a thousand pieces. "I'm so sorry hunny I truly am. Can I at least comfort you please?" Scott sat up abruptly and pulled Mitch to him. He hugged him tightly and was racked with a fresh set of tears. "Why Mitch, I just don't understand, why?" Scott screamed out as he clung to the boy he had loved for so long. Mitch felt his own stinging tears as he tried to think of the best way to answer Scott.

            "I was hurt. I know when you get upset you say mean things but what you said earlier was the worst you have said to me since your mom was in the hospital. I just couldn't handle it." Scott pulled away from Mitch and started pacing his room. He went from sad to angry very quickly. "So let me get this straight, I say some bad things in anger so you go and bend over for the first boy who shows an interest?" Mitch is shocked. "No it wasn't like that. I'm not slutty Scott you know that. You are the only man I have ever been with." Scott looked at Mitch as if he was looking through him. "Not anymore I'm not. I witnessed him inside you with my own eyes." That hit Mitch hard. He began to sob, "Babe, I know you are hurt and I can't tell you how sorry I am but I didn't set out to sleep with anyone. I just wanted to take a walk and get some fresh air. I walked for so long and I needed to get something to drink. I stopped into the Waffle House to get some coffee and decided I should probably eat. Travis was the waiter and we just started talking. I thought he would be a good friend so I invited him here just to talk and hang out. I didn't want to come home to an empty place and know that you might be gone forever. I told him no but he wouldn't take no for an answer." Scott stopped pacing and brought himself down to Mitch's level. "Are you saying he raped you?" Mitch looked back into his eyes for a split second then tilted his head down shaking it from side to side. "Well at least you got his name before you offered your body to him so easily. H*ll I got stabbed for you and I didn't get that far for at least 6 months but hey why not. He offered so you may as well take him up on it. Did you at least make him use protection or were you too caught up in saying your supposed no?"

            Mitch felt anger starting to pulse through his veins. "You know what Scott I know you are hurt and I f*cked up but at least I would never talk to you the way you talk to me. All you ever do is downgrade me and you just expect me to take it and forgive every word you say against me. You promised after everything went down with Phil that you would never talk to me that way again but that's all you do. Every time you get upset you talk to me like he used to. I don't deserve that and you know it. How dare you say that to me? I gave myself to you first. You got every first I have ever had. I have never even desired another man. What did you expect I was going to live the rest of my life being put down by the man who is supposed to love me? You broke up with me. You left me. I asked you not to leave me and you said you never would but you walked out on me. What was I supposed to think?"

            Scott got right in Mitch's face, "I know I'm not perfect Mitch but that doesn't mean you just jump into bed with some random guy. I know I pushed you away but that wasn't what I meant when I left. You know I just have to breathe when we get into those arguments." He backed away and ran his hands through his blonde hair. "I'm sorry for the things I have said I really am. I just love you so much and instead of thinking I just say the first thing that's on my mind. Let's just take a breather ok. I'm not leaving for good so please don't go anywhere or do anything. I just need to think without seeing you right in front of me. I'm going to go for a walk. Please Mitch just give me some time ok." Scott kissed Mitch on the cheek and caressed where he had kissed. "Just know that no matter what happens Michelle, I love you with all of my heart always." He walked out and left with a quiet sniffle. Mitch touched his cheek where Scott had kissed him. He sat stunned until finally the reality hit him. "I could lose him forever." Mitch threw himself back and cried harder than he ever had in his entire life.