CHAPTER 14 WHAT LURKS IN THE SHADOWS WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE LIGHT

A/N HI EVERYONE. THIS WILL BE THE LAST UPDATE UNTIL MONDAY. I HAVE GOT A BUSY FEW DAYS AHEAD OF ME SO I HOPE YOU WON'T BE TOO CRAZY FOR A FEW DAYS. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORIES AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND VOTES. THEY MEAN MUCH MORE TO ME THAN YOU KNOW. SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO ON WITH THE SHOW........

Chapter 14

            Scott stood dumbfounded unable to look Mitch in the eye but also not willing to move and face his boyfriend sitting in their living room. Even if he hadn't called Mitch his boyfriend, Alex was sure to have heard them together. There was no mistaking what they were doing. If the simple sounds weren't enough, Mitch's screams of pleasure where a sure-fire way to make it clear that they were thoroughly enjoying themselves. "Scott talk to me or get the fUck out of my face because something seriously bad is going to happen. Who is that and why is he calling himself your boyfriend?" Scott slowly looked up to see Mitch's eyes looking glassy and dark. He had seen Mitch angry but he had never seen this emotion crossing his face. For once, Scott couldn't read what Mitch was feeling and that scared him more than anything.

            "Mitch please just wait here. Let me talk to him really quickly and get him out of here and I swear we will hash this out. I know it looks bad but give me a chance to explain." Mitch scoffed as he walked around the room collecting his clothes and putting them on. "That's the lamest thing you have ever said Scott. You have until I get my clothes on and get myself together to get him out of my home or I am leaving and this time I won't be coming back for any reason." Scott started to panic. "Please don't do that. I can't deal with you being hurt again because of me. Just stay and let me figure this out." Mitch gave him a dead-pan look. "You are wasting your precious time talking to me right now. Go deal with your L.A. boyfriend while your Indiana boyfriend gets dressed after he let you f&ck him twice." Scott winced at the sting of Mitch's words but started to walk out of the room. He went back and quickly placed a kiss on Mitch's lips before being pushed away. "I love you." Scott muttered before walking away. "You have a messed up way of showing it." Mitch said aloud.

            Scott walked into the living room and saw Alex pacing the floor. "Look Alex, this isn't the way I wanted you to find out but Mitch is my ex that I told you about. He has been going through a hard time as you know and I have been trying to help him out. We have found our way back to each other. I never meant to hurt you but he is who I want to be with. I would love to still be your friend but Mitch is my heart and I need him more than anything in this world." Alex stopped pacing and walked right into Scott's face. He slapped him hard across the cheek before dragging himself over to their couch and sitting down. He buried his head in his hands and sobbed until he felt there were no more tears left in his body. Scott stood stunned rubbing his stinging cheek and watching Alex but also the bedroom door ready for battle if Mitch decided to bolt.

            Alex pulled himself together and looked up to Scott's eyes resting on the bedroom door containing his ex-lover. Alex screamed startling Scott into looking in his direction. "How could you do this to me? I helped you get over him. You were a mess when I met you and I pulled you out of oblivion. I gave you my all. You had my body, my mind, my heart, and most of all my soul. I put all that I have to give in you and you just sh*t all over it like this. You told me he never loved you and that he was only with you because of your past. If that's true how can he be the one you want to be with." Scott felt ashamed but knew he had to tell Alex the full truth. He may as well rip the band aid off all at once instead of taking it slowly. "Alex as much as I like you I have never loved you. I couldn't. My heart was always here with Mitch. I know I said some awful things and I'm sorry I lead you on so long but I was lonely and I needed the comfort you were willing to give. I'm so very sorry but I don't want to be with you. I kept trying to convince myself that I did but I knew deep down you would never equal up to Mitch."