Chapter 35: Catch

Before Amora jumped off of the Astronomy Tower, she was already having a pretty shit couple of days

Her, Belle, Rey, Hazel, Cassie, Fred, and George silently crept through the hallways, guided by the Marauders Map. Dean had to leave to go check in with Harry and the others, but Amora didn't mind. Their group was already big enough anyways. It had taken double the time it usually did to sneak down to the dungeons, since the new Inquisitorial Squad had been roaming the halls. Every time the flash of a badge came in sight, the large group was forced to huddle in the shadows.

"Right around this corner," Fred whispered. Then Amora heard it. Something she only heard in her nightmares, but this one sounded horrifically real. Cedric was yelling in pain, and Amora was determined to go stop whatever it was.

"Amora, wait" Belle warned her, but it was already too late. She had taken off down the hallway, wand out and ready to fight. The two third years guarding the doors didn't stand a chance, as Amora hexed them so fast they didn't even have time to blink.

"Alohamora," Amora murmured to the lock. Thankfully, she heard the gears click to allow her to open the doors. Without hesitation, she threw the doors open. The room was flooded with darkness as the dank smell of mildew hit her like a hippogriff. Her eyes first found Cedric, laying on the floor and he seemed half awake. Even in the small bits of moonlight, she could see the pain in his face. He looked pale as he shook feverishly. His Hufflepuff tie had been tossed aside and his clothes had been ripped up as his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

Aaron, Ned, Ernie, and Zach had been lined up behind him in the dark cells with around twenty Inquisitorial Squad members in the dungeon as well. Everyone paused and looked to Amora as she surveyed the room. Some of her fellow Slytherins ducked their heads, ashamed, while others simply rolled their eyes at her. Then her gaze finally settled on him.

"You. YOU FUCKING PRICK!" Amora screamed as she stormed in, her wand raised. Roger simply stood there, a calm expression settled on his face. She pressed her wand into his face as she glared at him. Some Inquisitorial Squad members came to help, but Roger shooed them away. Just then, out of the corner of her eye, Amora noticed the rest of the group arrive. They might have seemed outnumbered, but she knew better.

"What are you going to do, Amora? Cast a spell?" Roger smirked as he leaned down, pressing his face closer to the wand.

"What did you do to him?" Amora growled.

"Why should I tell you? You're much too nice, as threatening as...well a Hufflepuff," Roger mused and the Inquisitorial Squad around him erupted in laughter.

"You're right...I'm not going to curse you..." Amora sighed, lowering her wand.

"Great. Now, dear, can we please-" Roger started, but he was cut off mid sentence.

Amora threw what she thought was a pretty good right hook, and she couldn't help but grin when her fist collided with Roger's nose. She mentally checked off Punching Roger on her mental bucket list. A loud sickening crack rang from the room as Roger stumbled and fell back.