Chapter 54: Amora Diggory

Strong muscular arms wrapped around Amora's waist as she let out a small giggle

Strong muscular arms wrapped around Amora's waist as she let out a small giggle. She turned around and gave him a very familiar peck on the lips.

"Morning sunshine," he whispered as she opened up the curtains.

"Morning dingus," she muttered back, a wide grin spreading across her face. He let out a fake disappointed sigh.

"After everything I do for you woman", he muttered.

Amora rolled her eyes before retorting, "After everything I do for you."

"Fair enough," he chuckled, shrugging a shirt on. Amora smiled softly as she looked out the window, the Black Lake shining under the morning sunrise.

"It really is a beautiful day", she whispered softly.

"Not as beautiful as you," he quipped, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in. She rested her head on his chest and let out a small breath of relief.

His arms were the only place she felt safest.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Rey got us a seat at a table in the Great Hall," Amora told him as she shrugged one of his jumpers on.

"How has she been doing? I've been running around trying to help with repairs, and I haven't gotten the chance to talk to her too much," Cedric said.

"As well as she can do, and that's really brave of her. Aspen's really upset as well," Amora told him, peering out the window.

"But how are you doing?" Cedric asked her. Amora stiffened, surprised with the question. No one asked her that, but Cedric did. He always did.

"It's been a month since the battle, but I keep visiting their graves. I thought that since I got these new powers I could try and revive them," Amora barely managed to choke out the last sentence. She felt the tears begin to fall and Cedric wrapped her tightly in a hug. It was a peaceful morning, and Amora liked peaceful mornings. So why was she crying so much?

"Sunshine, you want them back and I do as well but losing them wasn't the hardest part for us. It never will be. It's learning how to live without them, and it gets easier to do that when we learn how to live with the love they left behind," Cedric told her.

"You're fucking brilliant," she muttered. Cedric barked out a laugh.

"Well, I try to be," he told her.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"...and I would also like to thank all of those who have stayed to help rebuild the castle for the past month. Thanks to your help, we can continue bringing new witches and wizards in next semester," Headmaster McGonagall announced. Polite applause rang throughout the Great Hall and some even clapped each other on the back. Amora was seated at a small table with Cedric, Aspen, Hazel, Rey, Tyler, and Cassie.

Her heart tugged as she could see who was missing. George looked over to the empty seat next to him. Rey kept glancing down at her stomach sadly.

Too many people were gone.

"...so please enjoy breakfast, and the Hogwarts Express will be ready to take you all back to London," Headmaster McGonagall said.

"One last train ride," Amora smirked.

"Aren't we lucky," Cedric chuckled.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Amora! Hang on!" Aspen's voice called. Amora had her luggage in one hand, and was only a few feet away from the train platform.

"Yeah?" Amora called out. Aspen and Tyler had raced over and were clearly out of breath. Aspen then handed her an envelope, and she looked at him, confused.

"Bellatrix's will. It's written out to the four of us," Tyler explained.

"But what about our dad?" Amora asked.

"Rudolphus LeStrange. Turns out for our luck, he was loaded with galleons," Aspen grinned.

"So...what happens now?" Amora asked her siblings.

"I doubt it will ever be the same without Aaron, but I think this is the time we finally start living," Tyler told her.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora felt the Hogwarts Express begin to move and she leaned over, resting her head on Cedric's shoulder. Out the window, the silhouette of the castle grew smaller and smaller.

"So, what now dingus?"

"Now I'm going to spend the rest of my forever with you, sunshine."

"God that's cheesy."

Cedric smiled, and couldn't stop smiling even when they kissed.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Mum and Dad said that we could stay at my place...I mean, if you want," Cedric offered. Amora smiled softly, thrilled with the idea.

"I would love that," she murmured softly.

"Hey! There you both are!" Cassie shouted. She burst into their compartment, waving a small slip of paper. Tyler trailed behind her, smiling.

"What's up?" Amora asked curiously.

"I found a picture! I'm so putting this in my scrapbook," Cassie smirked.

"What's it of?" Cedric questioned.

"Take a look for yourself, Loverboy," Amora chuckled, handing him the picture.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎