Chapter 38: Graduation

How many days had it been? Three? Four? Amora couldn't keep count, as she had been spending her time sitting in her small four poster bed

How many days had it been? Three? Four? Amora couldn't keep count, as she had been spending her time sitting in her small four poster bed. The only person she had seen was Belle, since they were the only ones in their dormitory.

Amora refused to see anyone else, even Cedric. She knew she shouldn't shut everyone out, but for the first time in her life, she was scared. Not just the kind that is momentarily fear, the kind that turns into adrenaline.

No, this was constant paranoia. She lost Sirius to Voldemort, but who else? She didn't want to lose anyone else. She was absolutely terrified to lose anyone else, and she couldn't stand the thought of it.

Her only option was to curl up in her dark green blanket and silently pray that everything would go away. Belle tried to get Amora to eat, or leave the room, but Amora refused. Belle even got Dobby to make some grilled cheese, but Amora refused to even eat that. All she could do was stay in her bed, with the faint moonlight as her friend.

Then, one morning, she heard a scratching on her window. Amora rolled over in her bed, annoyed, and continued to try to sleep. The scratching became louder and frankly, quite more annoying.

Amora threw her blanket aside and squinted at the sunlight that was breaking through the green stained glass windows. She sat upwards in her bed and stayed silent for a moment, debating what she should do about the noise.

"Stand up, find out what it is, and then go back to bed," Amora murmured to herself. She took a deep breath, and then slowly pushed herself out of bed. Her legs were shaking, as they had not been used in a while. Her head swam, and the days without eating had finally taken it's toll. She barely had enough energy to muster to stumble over to her window, but she did.

Outside was a small barnyard owl with an envelope in it's beak. Amora furrowed her brows and opened the window hesitantly, a bit confused.

"Daisy? What are you doing here?" she asked the small owl, but it dropped the envelope and flew away, not even bothering to say hello to Amora. Why had Cedric's owl just come to visit her?

Amora clutched the small envelope and collapsed back into her bed. She examined it, and on the front in Cedric's frustratingly neat handwriting was scrawled, To Sunshine.

Amora tossed the envelope on her nightstand beside her. She couldn't open the letter. Cedric must have been furious. She couldn't handle it, not now. Maybe he wanted to break up. After she exploded in the Department of Mysteries, maybe he finally saw her for the nutcase she was. A daughter of a Death Eater, nothing more.

She stared at the envelope for what could have been minutes or hours, she couldn't tell. Amora finally gave in against her judgement, and tore the envelope open with shaking hands.

Dear Sunshine,

Hey Mores, how are you? Wait, no, stupid question. God, I'm bloody awful at writing letters. Still, it's worth it if it means that I can still talk to you. I don't care if you write back, as long as you read this. As long as you know that I'm here for you, always and forever.