Chapter 22: Cursed Scars

The fog was thick as the stench of death clung stubbornly to the air

The fog was thick as the stench of death clung stubbornly to the air. Pain was searing through Amora's body as she desperately choked to breathe, but no air was coming. A cold sweat broke out on her forehead as a cloaked black figure emerged from the fog. She was back in the graveyard and so was He. Voldemort raised his wand again and the pain began almost immediately. Amora cried out loud as thousands of hot knives pressed into her pale skin, only for her to realize there was nothing there. Her blood boiled as she writhed in the agony that seemed endless and unbearable. Why didn't he just end her here? Why wouldn't he just get it over with?

She felt a tight vice grip her throat as a snake wrapped around her neck. This was it, this was where it ended.

"Amora! Help!" she heard someone shout. She desperately tried to pry the snake off of her but the more she tried the more that came and wrapped themselves around her.

"Cedric? Cedric!" she screamed. The young boy with flushed cheeks and chestnut brown hair had nothing but fear in those grey eyes of his. He emerged from the fog still in his TriWizard tournament uniform and saw her wrapped in snakes. He ran over and tried to get the snakes away but nothing was helping. Amora smiled softly, just glad that he was here with her in what seemed to be her last moments.

"Avada Kedavra!" a cold voice hissed as if they had said those words many times before. A bright green light enveloped his body and before she could scream, the spell blinded her.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora jolted awake and screamed, "The snakes! Cedric? Cedric!"

Cedric was fast asleep beside her but woke up, startled, and drew his wand immediately. He raised it at the door and glanced at a teary eyed Amora. They were fast asleep in the Hufflepuff dorms but all of the guys had left to get ready for the morning. The sunlight peeked through the cracks of the window behind the curtains and Amora shakily raised her hand to her face.

It wasn't real. It's just a nightmare. She had to keep reminding herself of this more often. What made it easier was when Cedric would wrap his arms around her and coax her back to sleep, but it didn't help exactly improve the whole trauma situation.

"Was it the graveyard one again?" Cedric asked softly, wrapping his hands around Amora's to prevent her from possible ripping her hair off from stress. Amora softly nodded her head, teeth chattering. Cedric wrapped his woolen yellow Hufflepuff blanket around her, trying his best to calm her nerves.

"Where is everyone?" he asked quietly.

"Here," she replied, her voice quavering.

"And what are they?" he asked once more, wrapping her tighter in the blanket.!

"Safe," she whispered.

Cedric rested his hand in her raven hair for a moment, brushing it to the side before planting a soft kiss on her forehead.