Chapter 36: Department of Mysteries

Narcissa had once told Amora that when you fall, time slows down

Narcissa had once told Amora that when you fall, time slows down. Amora had told her that that was ridiculous. No person could control time, it just seemed unrealistic.

Yet here she was, tumbling through the sky as the wind whipped at her robes. Time did slow down, and all Amora could see was the sky. A small part in her heart was tugging at her, telling her it wasn't the end. Still, Amora knew better. There was no way Cedric knew what to do, and his broom couldn't even fit two people. She dove off of a tower and to her certain death, all to piss some people off.

Then her back crashed into something hard, and she assumed it was the ground. Then two arms wrapped around her waist and hauled her up higher. She turned around and her and Cedric's faces were inches away.

"Are you insane? You could have," Cedric started, but Amora cut him off with a kiss. She kissed him so hard that they almost tumbled off of whatever they were riding. Cedric kissed back, and for a few moments her world was perfect. Her and Cedric, kissing and sailing off into the sunset.

"Hello there!" Luna's voice called. Amora looked over and noticed Luna sailing in the air, as if she was riding an invisible broom. Then Amora glanced down and realized that she was floating in the air too. Her face turned pale white and she shrieked, clinging onto Cedric's waist.

"Whoa! Calm down, sunshine. These are thestrals, like winged horses. We just can't see them, but I promise I wont let you fall...again," Cedric murmured to her. Amora nodded her head and wrapped her arms around Cedric's waist and squeezed her eyes shut.

She prayed the ride would be over soon, but to her nonexistent luck, three hours later her stomach lurched as she felt them begin to descent. When she felt the thestrals plant themselves back on the firm beautiful ground, Amora had to resist the urge to hug the grass. Instead, she climbed down slowly and finally took in what was happening.

Ginny, Ron, Neville, Luna, Harry, and Hermione all climbed off of their thestrals and looked around at each other, not sure what to do. Well, except Harry.

"We need to find Sirius, now," Harry announced loudly before stalking off down the street. Cedric shrugged to Amora and followed him, but Amora glanced around the place they landed. They were in London, which meant that they were probably looking for an entrance to...

"The Ministry of Magic," Cedric announced as they approached a small red telephone booth. Amora glanced over to Cedric, as if saying you're kidding, right? To her surprise, he wasn't kidding. The entire group surged toward the entrance at once, but they paused and glanced at each other awkwardly.

"Harry, Hermione, and Cedric should go first. We'll come down after," Luna suggested. As much as Amora hated the idea of her and Cedric separating, she knew it was their best chance at rescuing Sirius in time.

"I swear to god Cedric if you so much as scratch your knee while you're down there, I'll hex," Amora started, but Cedric had the nerve to laugh. Her anger inside of her deflated and she even cracked a smile.