Chapter 31: Betrothed

"Amora! Mores!" Cedric called, running over

"Amora! Mores!" Cedric called, running over. Amora paused for a moment, hesitating. She was tired, and the day was packed full of drama. All she wanted was to collapse into her small four poster bed in the Slytherin dorms and possibly never crawl out of her green blankets. Still, when it came to Cedric, no matter how upset she was, something in her heart still made her care.

Amora sighed and turned around as the Hufflepuff ran over, stopping only a couple of inches away from her.

"Amora, nothing I can say will make up for how sorry I am," Cedric started, and Amora began laughing. Cedric paused, confused as he looked at her.

"Jesus Christ, you're pathetic. I'm not upset with you...I understand you were just concerned, and I appreciate that," Amora explained.

"Oh thank god," Cedric chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his embrace. She returned it, whole heartedly. While her face was buried in his chest, Cedric looked down the empty hallway and noticed a small figure watching them from the shadows. Amora pulled away but she didn't seem to notice Cedric's narrowed eyes towards the end of the hallway.

"I've had a really long day but...I'll be waiting for you in the Hufflepuff dorms," Amora winked at Cedric. Her wink made his heart flutter as he pressed his lips to her forehead before he watched her disappear around a corner, headed in the direction of the Hufflepuff Common Room. Cedric then turned his attention to the end of the hallway as he walked down, curious.

"Ah, hello Diggory," Roger said, nodding his head. Before he could say anything more, Cedric grabbed him by the robes and pushed him up against the wall, slamming him into the concrete.

"Stay the hell away from her," Cedric growled but Roger looked bored, rolling his eyes.

"Pretty dramatic for a Hufflepuff, and that's saying something," Roger chuckled. His reply enraged Cedric as he lifted Roger off the ground by his Ravenclaw robes.

"Are you fucking deaf? I said leave her alone," Cedric snapped. Roger's eyes flew to Cedric's hand that was firmly gripping his wand, and Roger rolled his eyes.

"You try so much as to lay one more of your blood traitor fingers on me, I'll have my father fire your father from the Ministry so fast it'll make your head spin," Roger snarled. Cedric hesitated for a moment, still upset, before releasing Roger back to the ground.

"Now that's much better," Roger huffed as he dusted off his robes.

"I don't understand what goes on in that twisted little mind of yours. She doesn't love you, let alone like you," Cedric growled.

"Doesn't matter, she's already betrothed to me anyways," Roger shrugged casually. Cedric's heart dropped to his shoes as he took a step back, surprised.

"What? She wouldn't ever marry someone like you," Cedric snapped.

"That's not up to her. We've been engaged since birth. Bellatrix promised my parents our marriage, but then she was sent to Azkaban so the arrangement was off. However, seeing as Bellatrix has returned, our betrothal is valid," Roger explained in somewhat of a bored tone.