Chapter 28: Quills

"Great, everyone has arrived!"

Harry, Amora, Cedric, Ned, Belle, Aaron, and Rey were all sitting in Dolores Umbridge's office for an evening's worth of detention.

"Hazel is so lucky she ditched class," Aaron whispered to Rey who nodded in agreement.

"Ma'am, if I might ask, but is it possible...now hear me out... that your favorite color is pink?" Amora asked, raising her hands to the office.

Her office was indeed, disgustingly pink. A couple of the kittens on her wall began to meow and hiss at Amora, but she simply rolled her eyes and ignored them.

Umbridge pursed her lips to form a grim smile, clearly not sharing Amora's sense of humor.

"That's another ten points from Slytherin for the attitude, Miss LeStrange," Umbridge hissed, turning on her heel and back to her desk.

"So...what are we doing?" Belle asked as she nervously looked around the office.

"Tonight you will all be doing some lines for me," Umbridge said in her high pitched voice, but something about the wicked look in her eye made Amora feel like they weren't just doing lines.

Cedric shrugged and reached into his bag to grab his quill, but Umbridge swooped in and shut his bag.

"Not your quills dear. You're using some very special ones," Umbridge giggled, placing a strange looking quill on his desk. Once she had done the same for everyone else, she walked up to the front of the classroom.

"For Mister Potter and Miss LeStrange, you will be writing I mustn't tell lies. For Mister Diggory, Mister LeStrange, Mister Longbottom, Miss Quigley, and Miss Quinn, you will be writing I don't disrupt class." Umbridge said, writing it on the chalk board.

Cedric and Amora exchanged a nervous glance as they picked up the strange quills and began writing on their parchment. However, the more she wrote, her hand began to grow itchy. She looked down to see if something was crawling on her, but she was surprised to be met by her own handwriting etched into her hand. Rey let out a shriek of surprise as she gaped at her left hand, mouth open in horror.

"Hem hem. Is everything alright Miss Quigley?" Umbridge asked. Rey looked her dead in the eye and simply shook her head before continuing to write.

Amora tried not to focus on the burning in her hand, but it was quite difficult when blood began to drip onto her robes. What teacher does this to students? Amora thought as she furrowed her brows in concentration. After ten minutes of writing and scarring, she glanced over to Cedric to see how he was doing. He looked just as focused as he clutched his quill tightly and used his injured hand to grip the table.

Amora reached her hand out while Umbridge had her nose buried in The Daily Prophet. Cedric's fingers laced with her's and they clung to each other like a lifeline. Even though her hand was aching, she still felt comfort somehow with him. She could feel his scar growing worse and knew that he feel her scar as well. He never let her hand go, and she never let his go either, not until the detention was over.