Chapter 7: Manor Rescue

Aaron, Amora, and Tyler were two and a half months into summer and it was absolutely miserable

Aaron, Amora, and Tyler were two and a half months into summer and it was absolutely miserable. They had all fallen back into their own habits and schedules, while the Malfoys had fallen back into theirs. Tyler's consisted of running with Draco and his crew through Diagon Alley up to mischief. Aaron, however, was as quiet as ever. Amora knew why, for she was experiencing what he was going through. Every letter he received from Rey he read with sorrow and misery. Amora could feel Cedric trying to cheer her up through his writings, but she knew that the Malfoy Manor was the furthest place from cheerful.

My Dear Amora,

God, I'm just going to start this letter about how much I miss you. I never even knew I could miss a person this much. Personally, I don't even know how I was so unbelievably lucky to be able to date someone like you. This morning was much like the rest. The sunlight was peeking through the curtains, and the birds that live in my sycamore tree were chirping once again. However, there was this inexplicable feeling of joy in my heart and I knew right away I needed to tell you how much I love you. Forgive me, for I'm not a writer but let me just explain how I feel as best as I can. I'm falling for you, Amora Shea LeStrange. I'm falling so in love with you, and I'm afraid it will never end. The scariest part is that I can't see you every day. I know you are receiving my owls but I don't seem to be receiving yours. Nonetheless, I'll keep writing. I don't care if I don't get a letter back, but as long as I know you get my letters, that's all the comfort any man would ever need.

Yours Forever,
Dingus

Amora and Aaron were confused, however, because they received letters but Rey and Cedric were always complaining how they never got letters back. Did Cedric think she wasn't writing back? She shook the thought from her head since she knew there was no way. Her screech owl, Crimson, was one of the fastest owls in her year. There was no way Cedric couldn't be receiving her letters.

The twins spent most of their days locked in their room, reading multiple spell books. When Lucius left the house, their aunt Narcissa would become a whole new person. She would invite Aaron and Amora into the garden while she baked countless snacks. In the garden, Amora and Aaron would reminisce about their previous year at Hogwarts.

"Do you think they think about us?" Amora asked one day while she examined a sunflower blooming amongst the drab shrubs.

"Of course they do," Aaron said, stretching out on the bench nearby the river.

"I know I just...miss him a lot, you know?" Amora explained, plopping down on the spot next to him on the bench.

"I miss her too," Aaron sighed, "But it's alright, we only have two weeks left to go."

"Oh! Speaking of which, Cedric sent me an owl today!" Amora exclaimed, hastily grabbing the crumpled letter out of her pocket.

"He always writes to you everyday," Aaron snorted, inspecting a nearby bush.