Chapter 30: Quidditch Brawl

"And Slytherin is up, forty to ten

"And Slytherin is up, forty to ten. Alicia with the quaffle," Lee Jordan's voice rang over the stadium. Amora was flying around the goalposts, shivering as another gust of wind sent a flurry of snow her way. The Slytherin team had shifted their positions, landing Amora as the new Keeper with Draco as the Seeker. Amora wasn't too annoyed, actually finding out she has a knack for being a Keeper, but it was the oafs called Crabbe and Goyle that had somehow bullied their way to being Beaters. Amora scoffed as she watched the pair swing at Angelina, silently praying Madam Hooch hadn't seen it.

Amora's eyes were trained on Angelina as she expertly dodged past Crabbe and Goyle's clubs. Now she had an open shot with only Amora standing in her way, but Amora didn't plan on letting it in. Angelina raised the quaffle before hurling it with all of her strength toward the left goalpost. Everything slowed in Amora's mind as she dove towards the quaffle. She pulled upwards on her broom, causing it to spin around. She batted the quaffle away with the end of her broom, sending it right to another Slytherin player who gave her a thumbs up. The Slytherins in the stands below roared, some even cheering Amora's name, while the Gryffindors groaned, clearly annoyed.

"Amora LeStrange blocks the quaffle! Not only is she a good keeper, but she's a pretty girl...wanted to ask her to the Yule Ball..." Lee's voice rang.

"Lee Jordan!" McGonagall yelled at him.

"Oh! Sorry McGonagall...and uh...Cedric," Lee's voice said.

Amora shook her head, humored by Lee's announcements. Another loud bell rang and Amora's attention snapped back to the game and saw a Slytherin hurl a quaffle through the goalpost, passing right by Ron Weasley. Below, Slyhterins began chanting together, forming a chorus.

Weasley is our King,
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King!

Amora rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed. As much as she loved being a Slytherin, their immature antics were getting on her last nerve. Suddenly, she noticed Harry begin to move from his idle position, with Draco close in pursuit. Knowing the game was over, since Harry always caught the snitch, Amora relaxed. It was a miserable day for Quidditch, and she didn't mind losing if it meant getting out of the freezing cold.

"He's caught the snitch! Harry Potter has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Lee Jordan's voice cheered as the Gryffindor crowd went wild with triumph. Amora floated down slowly to where Harry was to wish him a good game, being the team captain, but was surprised when Crabbe smacked him right on the back of his head with a club.

"Crabbe! What the hell!" Amora shouted, grabbing him by his robes. She threw him to the ground as Harry got to his feet. Amora began yelling at him while Draco approached the Gryffindors. Amora was too busy yelling at Crabbe to notice that Draco was also getting out of hand.

"Amora! Amora!" Cedric called, running onto the field. He was wearing her Slytherin scarf, clearly in full support of her, and snow was lightly dusted in his brown hair. He swept her into a hug and she smiled, grabbing his face with her hands and pulling him into a kiss. She suddenly forgot about Crabbe and Draco, focusing on the warmth of Cedric's touch.