Chapter 51: Ned Longbottom

"When do you think we'll get to see that picture?" Ned asked

"I dunno, hopefully soon," Cassie shrugged.

"Listen, that was fun and all, but we really should get going," Aspen urged. Ned walked over to Belle and grabbed her hand, trying to reassure her.

Deep down, however, he knew he needed her hand more than she needed his.

"We're using the Floo powder to get into the Hufflepuff Common Room. Me and Tyler will go first, since Neville's already waiting for us there," Cassie explained. Tyler looked at her nervously before she grabbed his hand and led him toward the fireplace.

"Together," she told him. His face flushed a deep red.

"Um, yeah. Together," he replied. With a flash of green smoke, they were gone.

"We can go next," Aspen offered. Him and Hazel squeezed into the fireplace, Hazel giggling quite a bit. The green fire flickered and took them away.

"We'll see you there," Amora told the remaining group. Then, her and Cedric stepped into the fireplace.

"I guess we can go next," Rey suggested. Her and Aaron stepped into the fireplace. They seemed a bit more hesitant, and Ned noticed Aaron muttering what he assumed to be reassuring words to her.

Once they had left, Ned and Belle looked at each other.

"We can still leave, together," Ned whispered.

"I think we both know that you wouldn't leave our friends," Belle chided. Ned sighed, his shoulders rolling backwards. Belle somehow knew him better than he did himself.

"Remember when we first met?" he asked her as they stepped into the fireplace.

"Yeah, you told me you were my neighbor," Belle smiled softly.

"And then you shut the door in my face," Ned chuckled.

"You're impossible," Belle groaned.

"Sorry, Little Blom," Ned teased.

Ned then reached into his pocket, pulling out a handful of green powder.

"Remember, no matter what happens, we have forever," Belle reminded him.

"I couldn't ask for more," Ned replied.

"Hufflepuff Common Room!"

A burst of green flames erupted, and before they knew it, they tumbled into Ned's old Common Room.