Chapter 4: Black Lake

It had been a week and Amora was victorious

It had been a week and Amora was victorious. She merrily skipped down a pathway as a defeated Cedric trudged behind her. Cedric heard rounds of laughter and he looked up, surprised to see Aaron, Rey, Belle, Ned, Tyler, and Cassie all waiting for him.

"Are you kidding me?" Cedric shouted dramatically, stomping up to the docks.

"What? I thought you would like an audience?" Amora asked all innocent like. Cedric then approached the murky water and shivered.

"Since it's absolutely freezing down there we decided to let you wear your swimming trunks and a shirt," Ned explained.

Cedric rolled his eyes before muttering, "Gee thanks." Once Cedric had changed into his swimming gear he turned to the group. Ned and Belle were stifling laughter while Cassie and Tyler were absolutely dying. Aaron then approached Cedric and rested his hands on his shoulder.

"See ya", Aaron said before shoving Cedric in the water. The whole group exploded into laughter as Cedric emerged from the lake, face red from the cold waves.

"Very funny LeStrange," Cedric glared, but a playful smile formed on his face. Amora ran over to help him back up as Ned ran to grab him a towel.

"Consider yourself a winner of a date," Amora smiled softly.

Cedric looked shocked as he said, "All I had to do was jump in this lake?" Before Amora could respond, Cedric shouted in surprise. Amora managed to see a tentacle wrapped around Cedric's leg before it pulled him in, a scream barely being able to leave his lips.

"Shit!" Aaron shouted, looking in the water for him. Without hesitation, Amora dove in. She was a decent swimmer and was brilliant at holding her breath. The second she came in contact with the icy water she felt chilled to the bone. She stayed determined, however, to find him. She saw a bright red spark and swam deeper after it. A swarm of Gryndilows were pulling a thrashing Cedric deeper and deeper. He was fighting them off but they were still winning.

"Stupefy!" Amora shouted. The Gryndilows froze in place as Cedric looked up, surprised to see Amora. Amora noticed his face was turning blue as he fought for air. She quickly swam down and held him by the waist as she hauled him up.

The moment they made it above the water Cedric began sputtering and coughing up water. Aaron and Belle dove in to help them as Amora felt Belle's thin arms carry her to shore. Amora collapsed in exhaustion on the beach as Cedric continued to cough out water. Once he had finished and continued to breathe normally he looked over to Amora.

"This is gonna have to be one hell of a date," Cedric sighed. Amora just leaned over and wrapped him in a tight hug.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"I can't believe you dove in the lake for him!" Rey muttered in disbelief. She looked at Amora with amazement as Belle wrapped an arm around Rey's shoulder.

"Of course she did. They're practically married at this point," Belle teased.

"Cedric deserves an amazing girl like Amora," Rey stated matter-of-factly. Amora blushed deeply because she never had people talk about her this way.

"Ok well enough with this sappy talk," a voice from behind them said. Amora whirled around and was surprised to see Cedric's little sister, Cassie, approaching them.

"What do you mean?" Rey asked, confused.

"Amora's got her first date tonight!" Cassie chirped, linking her arm with Amora's. Amora smiled lightly to the young girl, excited that Cassie was willing to help.

"Makeover time!" Belle whooped, dragging the group to the Slytherin common room.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Maybe this concealer?"

Cassie lifted a concealer from Amora's purse, eyeing it.

"That doesn't match her skin tone, it'll make her look pale," Belle yawned, curling Amora's hair.

"I was thinking this top?" Rey said, pulling out a deep green top from Amora's bag.

"She always wears green, let's change it up!" Cassie declared. Amora chuckled, excited to be surrounded by all of her friends.

"I know the perfect top!" Rey squealed, dashing out of their dorm. The Hufflepuff dorms were also in the Dungeons so it was a quick dash for the young girl. She swung the doors opened and continued to jog to her dorm. A strong arm caught her, halting her to a stop.

"Yes Aaron?" Rey asked, looking up at the concerned Slytherin boy.

"What's up with you?" he asked as Cedric and Ned walked over.

"Oh nothing, nothing at all," she smirked as she approached her dorm door.

"No something is most definitely going on. Look at her face," Ned interjected, nudging Cedric who nodded his head in agreement.

"Just helping Amora get ready! Aaron, what are you doing in the Hufflepuff dorms anyway?" she asked him, trying to change the subject.

"I'm getting my ass whooped in wizards chess. Wait, getting ready for what?" Aaron asked, still confused. Cedric ducked his head nervously as Rey disappeared into her dorm without a word. She dug through her closet before finding the perfect top for Amora.

"A DATE?", Aaron's voice thundered outside of the door.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"How do I look?" Amora asked, stepping out from behind her bed. Belle, Cassie, and Rey's jaw dropped all at the same time as she stepped out.

She was wearing a gorgeous white top with angelic lace and puffy sleeves. She had a pair of jeans on with some black boots that were perfect for the long walk to Hogsmeade. Her black frizzy hair was curled to perfection and she dazzled under the dorm lights.

"You look absolutely stunning," Cassie gaped.

"You think?" Amora mumbled, fidgeting with the white top Rey had lended her.

"We have eyes," Belle quipped. A loud knock interrupted their conversation as Rey creaked the door open.

"Aaron!" she smiled, tackling him in a hug. Aaron's face grew red as he embraced her back.

"What's up?" Amora asked, stepping out. Aaron looked at her and rolled his eyes.

"Cedric's here. You better go quick before Draco hexes him." Aaron explained. Amora gave a quick smile back to her friends before dashing down the stairs. She almost ran into Cedric face first but luckily caught herself. Her face was inches from his as his eyes widened in shock.

"Hey gorgeous," he smiled. She rolled her eyes playfully and looped her arm through his.

"Hogsmeade awaits!" she announced, skipping out of the room. Heat rushed to Cedric's cheeks as he felt his heart do backflips and somersaults. He did mean what he said. She was gorgeous.

And he felt like the luckiest idiot alive.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎