Chapter 16: Bruises

*TW: abuse and toxic relationship*

Amora trudged into the Great Hall, worn out from the past week. She still refused to speak to Belle and Rey, but her stomach churned at the sight of them, Ned, and Aaron all sitting at the Slytherin table.

"Mores! We saved you a seat," Belle called out hopefully. Amora shrugged off her invitation, sending her a cold stare, and then trudged over to the Ravenclaw table.

"Good morning love," Roger smiled softly, taking a sip of his Pumpkin Juice. Amora mumbled something incoherent and Roger merely shrugged before talking with his friends. The past week Amora had been giving her friends the cold shoulder, and she knew that she shouldn't have. She should have forgiven them by now, but it was Roger who convinced her not to.

"You don't need those oafs, you have me. That's all you should ever need," he told her. It wasn't the least bit comforting but she obeyed. They had gotten in a couple of arguments, and had a huge one later that night when Roger found out that her Amortenia smelled like Cedric.

"You're supposed to be my girlfriend!" Roger roared. Amora would usually describe herself as brave, but this time she didn't have the energy to defend herself. She felt so unbelievably weak as Roger continued to shout at her.

"I'm leaving," she muttered as she turned to head back indoors. They were standing behind the school in a very secluded area, so Amora didn't realize what was going to happen next. Roger's hand wrapped around her wrist and forcefully yanked her back.

"Roger, let me go" she whimpered but before she could say anything else, his hand collided with her face, fast as a whip. The mark felt hot on her cheek as she felt tears welling in her eyes. Roger felt awful hitting her, but it was the only way. She needed to know that she was his. Amora stumbled back, surprised.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but you can't be smelling other boys when you have a boyfriend. It's alright, you know you deserved it and you learned your lesson," Roger reassured her. Gears began turning in Amora's brain. Maybe she did deserve it. Roger only had her best interests at heart. He wouldn't have hit her if he wasn't angry. He was just angry, that's all.

"It's alright," she smiled softly. Her bruise under her left eye began to turn purple and she silently turned away and made her way to the Hospital Wing.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Another week went by, but things were becoming much worse. Everyday the beatings would become more intense as Roger continued to convince her that she deserved it. Maybe Amora was the one convincing herself she deserved it. Either way, Roger had her right where he wanted her, too afraid to fight back and too worthless to try.

Cedric had been trying to talk to Amora but she refused. She wouldn't even greet him anymore, and he tried to talk to his friends about it. Turns out, they hadn't seen or heard much from her either. She wouldn't even confide in Tyler, her younger brother. She simply went about her business, ignoring every person who truly cared about her to fool her into caring about someone who didn't at all.