Chapter 9: Friend or Foe

"Give me an I!"

"Give me an I!"

Amora chuckled as Ned led the whole tent in a cheer. Even Amos joined in as the tent merrily shouted the Irish team letters. She noticed a certain tall handsome Hufflepuff missing from the mix and she walked away from the party as she grabbed two butterbeers.

"Moping already?" Amora asked a small cluster of blanket and pillows on the lower bunk. It began to move as a blanket slowly uncovered a very miffed Cedric.

"I can't believe the Bulgarians lost! I can't believe Krum lost!" Cedric whined as he lazily rolled off the bed, his body hitting the floor with a thud. Amora chuckled to herself, amused with his antics. She then held the butterbeer under the moonlight and Cedric's eyes snapped to it. He then gave her pleading puppy eyes that Amora couldn't refuse. She handed him one of the drinks and cuddled in with him on the bed.

"You know, I'm starting to think" Cedric started before an ear shattering scream cut them off. Amora dropped her glass in shock and it shattered all over the floor. Belle immediately wrapped her arm around Ned and raised her wand, glaring at the tent entrance.

"What was that?" Cassie squeaked as she covered her ears with wide eyes. Amos cautiously approached the door before peeking out. He then ran back in, panicked.

"Everyone needs to get out of here immediately. I'm going to go help the Ministry but the rest of you need to go. Cedric, take Cassie and go." Amos huffed as he grabbed his wand, gave Cassie a quick peck on her forehead, and headed out into the crowd.

"You heard him, we gotta move. Now," Aaron grumbled as he grabbed Rey's hand. He then moved to grab Amora's and noticed that her fingers were tightly laced around Cedric's.

"I can take care of my own sister," Aaron muttered and Cedric glared at him.

"Listen, this is no time to argue. Belle, please take Tyler. Aaron with Rey, Cassie with Cedric, and I'll go with Ned," Amora announced as she jumped to her feet. Since everyone was too scared to argue, they all paired up and moved to the exit. Amora and Ned exchanged fearful glances before they stepped out of the tent and into the horror.

There was screaming. Way too much screaming. Masses of people were rushing to the forest as Amora clung to Ned's hand. Her eyes then focused on the four floating figures in the sky. Muggles. She knew exactly who was responsible for the mayhem and chaos, but was much too afraid to say it.

"Amora? Where did everyone go?" Ned shouted as he looked around.

"They must have left! We need to go!" she shouted and they ran with the crowd.

"Rey! Rey?" another voice shouted. She looked terrified as Aaron was shouting for his missing girlfriend.

"Ned! We need to find her... Ned?" Amora asked as she whirled around. She saw a speck of fluffy brown hair that was being carried away from the crowd. She then turned around and noticed a crumpled and scared girl on the ground.