Chapter 12: Two Sides To A Story

Amora burst into the Slytherin Common room

Amora burst into the Slytherin Common room. She heaved out a heavy sob before blindly stumbling about, struggling to get to her feet. The heartbreak she was going through was beginning to turn into physical pain as she clutched her chest, trying to slow her racing heart.

"Mores, you alright?" a familiar voice asked. She craned her head up and saw Belle, Aaron, Rey, Ned, Tyler, Cassie, and Draco all sitting down, enjoying the quiet evening. The simple question caused her to burst into tears once again. Why am I being so damn emotional? I haven't cried in years! Not since I fell off my broom during Quidditch and snapped my arm...

"Amora, what happened?" Aaron asked, crouching down.

She wiped away even more tears before she stammered, "N-nothing."

"Amora? May I come in?" Roger's voice spoke outside of the door. Ned exchanged a nervous glance with Belle before he ran over and opened the door for him.

"What, are we just partying with every house now? Pottah better not be behind those doors waiting for an invite," Draco spat as the Ravenclaw entered the room.

"Amora I'm so sorry," Roger breathed, crouching down and resting his hand on her back.

Belle smacked his hand off before her wand met his throat and she growled, "What did you do to her?"

"He didn't do anything Belle," Amora sniffled as she propped herself upwards. Belle looked between her and Roger before Amora gave Roger a small nod, allowing him to explain what happened.

"We found Cedric and Hazel...in the broom cupboard," Roger murmured, "snogging without shirts on."

Everyone's jaw dropped. They knew Amora and Cedric were going through a rough patch, but they never expected him to actually ruin their relationship. Hell, they had all made a secret bet of when Cedric would propose.

"I'm going to kill that oaf," Tyler cursed, grabbing his wand.

"No, leave him alone," Amora pleaded as she looked at her younger brother. Tyler huffed out a sigh and sat back down before Cassie rose to her feet.

"No way. I know Cedric, he would never do anything like this, there has to be an explanation," Cassie explained as she made her way to the door. Ned and Rey exchanged a nervous glance before following her out.

"Wait, Rey!" Aaron called out, running over to her.

"I'm going to kill them. Both of them," Rey fumed.

"I'm not saying I wouldn't love to either, but remember, there's always two sides to a story," Aaron reminded her. With this newly added thought in her head, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before following the rest of the Hufflepuffs back to their own Common Room.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Cedric burst into the Hufflepuff Common Room as Hazel ran after him.

"Ceddy! Ceddy come back!" she whined, her high pitched voice causing him to wince painfully.

"Hey! There's the man of the hour!" one of his Quidditch teammates yelled to him as the surprise party for their Champion started. Instead of being the usual upbeat and charismatic boy he was, he brushed them off and stormed up to his dorm.

"Jesus Hazel, what did you do to him?" a Hufflepuff girl asked the blonde. Hazel merely shrugged before slinking off to her own dorm wearing Cedric's shirt.

"Shit, shit, shit." Cedric seethed between his teeth as he collapsed in his bed. Now he had done it. He cared about Amora and his greatest fear was losing her, but here he was. Cedric was never the type to cry. His mother described him as a ray of sunshine while his father bragged to other's about how strong and brave he was. In these moments, however, Cedric felt nothing of the sort. Tears began to stream down his face as his fists curled. He angrily launched his lamp across the room and it shattered against the wood panels. How had he been so stupid? He was in no way attracted to Hazel and he had no clue how he ended up in that broom cupboard. He retraced his steps desperately, trying to think of where he messed up.

It was the Pumpkin Juice.

Hazel was once again refusing to leave Cedric alone. He tried to ask her to leave, but he was a kind boy and didn't wish to come off the wrong way. He then noticed her hand reach under her robes as she took out a small flask. He thought nothing of it as Dumbledore began to announce the Champions.

"Hear, have some Pumpkin Juice, it'll calm you down," Hazel coaxed as she offered Cedric his goblet. Lucky for her, he was pretty dehydrated as he took a couple of sips before returning his attention to the Goblet. Then, once his name was called, Hazel's nails forcefully dug into his arm, forcing him to look at her. She was the first girl he had seen after the Pumpkin Juice and something looked different about her. Felt different about her. Later that night, as she led a Love Potion'd Cedric to the broom cupboard, a bad feeling rose in his chest. He loved Amora, so why was he with her? His body was attracted to Hazel at the moment, but his heart was not. His heart belonged to one girl, and that was Amora LeStrange.

"Shit, I need to find her," he mumbled under his breathe, getting back to his feet to go find her.

"You're not going anywhere," Ned's cold voice growled as the Hufflepuffs entered the room. Cedric was caught off guard by Ned, Rey, and Cassie's arrival.

"I assume you know?" Cedric asked tiredly as he used his fingers to massage his temples.

"How could you Cedric? That girl loved you! And with Hazel?" Rey sputtered, her face growing red.

"It was a damn Love Potion Quigley! It was too strong! Now I've gone and messed it all up and now Amora will never know how much I love her!" Cedric exploded. Cassie's shoulders rolled back in relief. She knew her brother wouldn't do anything like that to Amora.

Cedric felt a hand rest on his shoulder as Cassie spoke, "Maybe you should be telling Amora that." Rey and Ned smiled, relieved that their best friend was still their best friend. He then rose to his feet, determined as ever.

"I'm going to get her back," he declared.

"Uh mate? How exactly do you plan to do that? No offense, but you got right lucky being able to do it the first time, but now that you've kinda broken her heart? Good luck," Ned mentioned, leaning down on his own bed.

"I don't know...but I'll find a way. I always do," Cedric smiled before running out of the dorm, more determined than ever to win back the girl he loved.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short! I've been having a pretty crazy day, but this story hit 500 reads! Yesssss! To everyone's who's reading and voting for this book, thank you so much! You don't know it, but your support means the world to me. Until next time! <3