Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion

A couple months had passed and Amora had fallen into a daily rhythm

A couple months had passed and Amora had fallen into a daily rhythm. She would wake up (usually with Cedric in the Hufflepuff dorm), and get dressed. Breakfast, school, dinner with friends, help Cedric prepare for Final Task, worry about Cedric, have Cedric tell her that he will be ok, and then sleep. Now, with the Final Task only a day away, Amora was practically going crazy with worry.

"Miss LeStrange, please stay after class," an impatient voice huffed. Amora snapped back to reality and realized she had spaced out the entire DATDA class. Professor Moody's one strange focused on her as Amora ducked her head. Belle rested a hand on her shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze before she left for her next class.

Once all of the students had filed out, Amora hastily made her case by saying, "I'm so sorry professor I've just been really worried..."

"About the Final Task," he finished. Amora's eyes widened and the professor simply barked out a cold harsh laugh.

"What if I were to tell you that your boyfriend could be in some serious trouble tomorrow?" he asked her, practically spitting the words.

Amora's body tensed as she replied, "I would ask you how I could help him." In a sudden movement, Professor Moody's wand was at her throat. Her eyes went wide in fear as he began to talk very fast and very quietly.

"The Dark Lord's Rising is tomorrow, and he's requested your presence. Would be a shame if Cedric went there instead of you," Moody hissed.

Amora knew that if she could just get out of this room and warn Dumbledore, she could convince him to stop the Final Task.

Moody followed her eyes to the door and said, "And if you make a break for it or tell anyone, I'll hex everyone you love faster than you could say Quidditch."

"So what do you need me to do?" Amora whispered quietly, acting much braver than she felt.

"Get a piece of his hair, I'll do the rest."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora had no appetite that night as she nibbled on a piece of cornbread. Cedric was sitting beside her and laughing with Ned and Belle, but he couldn't help but notice Amora's sudden change in attitude.

"Sunshine, what's going on?" he asked her, leaning over.

"I'm fine...just still nervous," she replied, giving him a weak smile.

"Nothing a good night's sleep can't fix!" Cedric declared, getting up to his feet. He scooped Amora up and began to leave the Great Hall. Amora blushed as she looked around the room at student's surprised faces.

"Ced, everyone's looking at us," she mumbled.

"Let them," he chuckled as they left the hall.

"Ah, young love," Ned chuckled as the rest of the group continued their meal. Cedric simply carried Amora to the Hufflepuff common room and set her down on the oversized yellow beanbag. She curled up and rested her head on his chest like she always had and Cedric wrapped an arm around her. They stared at the stars outside the window, mesmerized.