Chapter 25: Nosebleed Nougats

Something that Amora didn't expect was Cedric's arm to wrap around her waist at ten in the morning

Something that Amora didn't expect was Cedric's arm to wrap around her waist at ten in the morning. Her eyes shot open as she whirled around, her long black hair following the movement. Cedric was peacefully asleep, lips parting with every small breath he took. The sunlight fell on his hair, making it look like waves of honey. She took a deep breath, taking in the peace of the morning.

He's back, and he's safe, Amora reminded herself. Rescuing Harry Potter must have gone well since he still seemed to be in one piece. His first mission with the Order was a success, but instead of relief, her stomach still twisted with the ache of worry.

"Cedric, I think we need to talk," she yawned as she groggily got to her feet.

"What about?" he murmured, rolling over to try and pull Amora closer. She shrugged out of his grasp and playfully shoved him back into his own pillow.

"I'm being serious dingus," she snapped.

"So am I!"

"Are not."

"Are too!"

"Anyways," sighed Amora, "I was wondering if we could talk about last night."

"I was hoping for the same thing," Cedric yawned, his half naked torso emerging from the ocean of blankets as he propped himself up on a pillow. Amora averted her eyes from his abs, coughing to try and keep herself concentrated.

"I just wish we could have talked about everything before you went and joined. Life risking tasks is something I feel like a proper couple should discuss," Amora explained.

"What, like knocking me out and becoming me to not only participate in the Final Task but then proceeding to watch the resurrection of You Know Who is something we should discuss?" Cedric asked, a smirk playing at his lips.

Amora took a sharp inhale. He was right. She hated it when he was right.

"Fair enough, fair enough," she sighed as she flopped back into bed and into his arms. Besides, it wouldn't be long until she was a member of the Order.

Right?

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"She's got a morning glow!" Cassie sang as Belle and Ned emerged from their rooms. Hazel burst into laughter as Ned's face flushed a deep scarlet, confirming Cassie's suspicions.

"Oh shut it!" Belle hissed, but their was a smile in her eyes. Belle and Ned ran down the stairs, escaping the girls' laughter. Rey and Aaron stumbled out of their room as well, except they were avoiding each other's stare. They couldn't meet one another's eyes, and this was something that became very clear at the breakfast table.

"Trouble in paradise?" George whispered to Amora that morning, nodding over to where Rey and Aaron sat. Amora merely shrugged before she resumed cutting into the delicious egg skillet Mrs Weasley had prepared. The energy in the room was light and airy as everyone exchanged morning pleasantries.