Chapter 6: Leaving Home

Cedric and Amora swung the door open and scrambled inside

Cedric and Amora swung the door open and scrambled inside. They had finally made it back to the Hufflepuff Common Room and to say the least, they were bloody scared.

"Do you think they'll be alright?" Amora finally asked after a few moments of unbearable silence.

"They're always alright," Cedric huffed before clamoring to his feet. He helped Amora up before looking around the common room.

"It's just us," Amora whispered, holding him close. Cedric smiled softly and rested his chin on top of her head. He had waited so painfully long to be able to just hold her in his arms, but the year's worth of flirting and teasing had been worth it. They both sat down and Cedric settled a blanket on top of them as Amora tossed her legs over his lap. She curled up on his chest and sighed as the sound of the fire crackling sent her to sleep.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Do we wake them up?"
Amora's eyes snapped open as she looked at Cassie who was leaning over the couple. Rey and Ned stood a bit further off, and while Rey looked happy Ned was practically losing it with laughter.

"Consider us woken," Cedric groaned, propping himself up. Amora raised her head as Rey ran over and practically dragged her off of the couch.

"It's time for breakfast!" Rey announced before dragging a half asleep Amora out of the door. Amora shot a confused look at Cedric who simply just shook his head in amusement. She then turned to Rey who was tugging her down the hall.

"What? What's going on?" Amora asked, confused.

"He finally asked you out! I knew he would. He figured he would have to eventually, considering it was the end of the year and all. But he did it! I'm so proud. And thank goodness it's you, you're brilliant Amora! He better not mess this up, or I'll probably strangle him," Rey blurted out enthusiastically, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Slow down Rey, we just started dating last night," Amora chuckled as they stepped into the Great Hall.

"True, but this morning it looked like you guys had been together for an eternity," Rey smirked before skipping over to the Hufflepuff table. A ragged and tired Amora trudged over to the Slytherin table before she collapsed into her seat next to Aaron. She rested her head on his shoulder before trying to fall back asleep.

"Where were you last night? Your date went past curfew!" Aaron hissed, shrugging Amora's head off of his shoulder.

"I was with Cedric and we just fell asleep in the common room, it's no big deal," Amora shrugged, taking a bite out of her buttered toast.

"Yea, snogging a Hufflepuff is no big deal," Aaron muttered under his breathe before taking a swig of his Pumpkin Juice.

"Yea, just now you and Rey snog," Amora retorted, causing Aaron to spit his Pumpkin Juice out.