Chapter 18: Sweet Leonin

(Author's Note: Please watch this video first)

[TWO DAYS EARLIER]

Harith woke up. It was a dream. The same old dream that reminded him of his real past. But everything was hopeless now. It couldn't be helped. This was his end.

"Grandpa... Alucard. I'm sorry. I failed," Harith said to himself. Teardrops of regrets followed, eroding the stains of blood that had dried in his cheeks. His weak, bruised body was still pinned on the wall. His arms remained tied by the hanging, rusty chains attached from above. With this situation, he couldn't avenge the death of Alucard anymore, nor avenge the Leonins massacred by Helcurt. His soul was slowly rotting with his dying hope.

The heavy, old doors of the dungeon opened.

"Here. Cast your Key Insight. Find Roger for me," Helcurt instructed.

Stiff and blank, Harith lost any expression. He just stared at the wolf's tooth Helcurt had shown him.

"Getting hard on me again?" Helcurt threatened him. "Vexana, come over!"

Harith clinched his fists. He deeply despised Vexana. He could still remember how Vexana ruined everything...

----

["Harith, we can still escape, come with me!" Vale said to him.

Yes, Vale. I'm coming with you! W-- Wait. What is happening to me? Why can't I say these words?

"No! I won't! I am not coming with you. I have made up my mind. We can't defeat them, Vale. All our skills are on cooldown. We have no mana, we got no health-points either. We're one skill away from death."

No! Vale! Those word's aren't mine!

"Yes! I know! We can't fight now! But we can fight them later! Come with me!" Vale urged.

"I am coming with them. I'm pleading my allegiance to Helcurt now," revealed Harith.

No! Don't believe it! I didn't say those things!

"What are you saying? What's wrong with you?!" Vale complained.

"Take this advice, Vale. Better run now. Survival is more important. Go and save yourself. I am saving mine."

No, Vale! Don't go! Don't leave me, Vale!

"Hahaha! What a pitiful friendship. I didn't expect he'd fall for it," Vexana boasted, after she successfully casted her Charmed Specter, the curse that manipulated Harith's behavior.]

----

Harith now heard the sound of buzzing flies and parasitic insects infiltrating the dungeon. Vexana entered and her horrifying souls quickly occupied the place.

"Yes, my Lord?" Vexana answered the call of Helcurt.