Chapter 23: Dancing Tornadoes and A Kissing Sun

To Vale, Helcurt is the true enemy. The true poisonous tree. The disease contaminating the Land. Reflected now in the irises of his gold eyes are the enemies, who, undoubtedly, serve at Helcurt's pleasure. They share the same principles. The same poison. Hence, they should be annihilated.

Empowered by Cyclop's aquamarine, Vale started his attacks by deploying one Wind Blow - a dangerously violent and thick tornado.

It went for Leomord but it was not fast enough so the latter easily evaded it. Discontented, Vale casted another. And another. And another... Infringing upon the effects of zero cooldown, he opted to utilize the flowing energy he had by continually unleashing powerful Wind Blows.

However, to everyone's surprise, not a single whirlwind hit the enemies.

"Effortless," Khufra smirked. "These tornadoes might be deadly, but it seemed the mage had lost his focus."

"Poor soul. Blinded by love," Alice commented.

"Let's keep on evading. The effect only lasts an hour. After that, he's no more," Leomord advised his team.

Terizla and Thamuz tried to dash forward to engage Vale in a closer combat. But the same was impossible. The aura surrounding him was a hurricane of critical and fatal magic.

Vale continued. Despite the fact that he missed, he still casted his tornadoes. One after another. They were now everywhere in the map.

"Ten, twenty... Thirty tornadoes. Thirty tornadoes deployed in the field, my Lady. Aquamarines  certainly drive the demons out of you," Ling said.

"Yes. But the side effects are obvious. Look, not a single one hit them," Benedetta sighed.

Ling smiled. "Again, the fight's not over yet, my Lady."

Khaleed, Tigreal and Esmeralda were also in the same page. Just like the enemies, they were also trying to dodge the colossal tornadoes.

"I can't bear this any longer!" Tigreal, concerned for his own safety.

"Persevere, Tigreal. Let's be thankful the odds somehow turned in our favor. If it were not for his tornadoes, we are surely dead by now, executed by Terizla's hammer!" Khaleed shouted amidst the deafening sound of the unsettled winds. Indeed, the team was saved by the bell.

"I'd rather die in the hands of an enemy than in the hands of a stranger!" Tigreal, still referring to honor and dignity in the crucial moments.

"Less talk, Old Man. You need to watch out! One wrong step and you're dissolved by these winds! You have to keep that pterosaur alive, remember?!" Esmeralda had a point.

But Vale made another unprecedented move. In addition to the living tornadoes, he was casting his Wind Blades. Not against Leomord's squad, but against Khaleed's.