Chapter 25: Savage

The disheartening war ended. None survived in the Imperial Army. And only a quarter of minions managed to last until the end.

However, minions understand the roles destined for them as much as they understand the more important roles their masters have to do. Seeing their co-minions die is a normal happening in the Land of Dawn. It is part of the game. It's how the mechanics work to maintain balance and order.

Some minions returned to their distant homes. But most were injured. Others even struggled to walk. Those who managed to watch the entire scene remained in the vicinity, resuming the talks and gossips they usually do. Witnessing the powerful heroes who fought in each side, these minions would later contribute stories to the hot news entitled: "The Epic War in the Barren Lands."

"Who is he?" an injured minion asked, referring to Vale.

"He's cool. And hot!" A fat lady minion shouted from the distance.

"He's handsome and awesome!" said another female minion.

"He finished them off! He's incomparable!" another young minion exclaimed.

"Ling's cool too! He's the greatest Kill Stealer ever!"

Ling wanted to piss off. But he remained calm and did not bother. He knew minions are experts in their fields: inventing stories. Except her Lady, of course. He then held the hands of Benedetta. Casting Finch Poise, they left the site together.

"Esmeralda? I could barely recognize her! Something's wrong with her face!" uttered another minion. Esmeralda, irritated and drained, gave her killer looks at him.

"So Tigreal can still fight? I though he retired," another one said.

"He's with Khaleed. The old man must need a hand!" opined another.

"Who the fuck said that?!" Tigreal reacted. His eyeballs trying to get out of their sockets.

But they ignored Tigreal, making him realize he wasn't the star of the fight.

"I want to be a Support someday like Lesley!" a dumb minion commented.

"She's not a Support. She's a Mage. Idiot!" his twin responded.

 Idiot!" his twin responded