Chapter 4: Double Kill!

I wonder how this journey will end. It's Aldous and me. Just the two of us. And Vale, probably Vale, when we get there.

The spin of Aldous' Ultimate doesn't make me feel dizzy. In fact, I even managed to take a look outside. The space above the clouds that we're travelling is no different from the Land of Dawn's deepest caves - it's all dark.

Aldous said we will arrive at the Wind Valley within an hour. It's been thirty minutes of floating in the black sky, and we're now above the Cursed Temple, when suddenly I saw a blue, bright light moving to our direction!

"Aldous! Stop! An object is heading towards us!" I exclaimed.

But before Aldous could cancel his Ultimate, the prism-like object had captured us, and now we're falling down at a great speed!

"What is this thing?! It's cold!" he said, as we felll down.

"Oh no! It can't be! We're trapped!" I realized. "Its Cyclops' ultimate! Star Power Lockdown!"

Soon we will land to the ground! And by then we'll all be dead!

"Stay close with me!" Aldous shouted in the mid air. "I can use my Contract Explosion ability to generate a shield so we can't be killed by the impact upon landing! Come clo--"

F*ck! A spear?! A spear had just pierced Aldous body! A dark, lilac spear had just cut through his stomach!

Aldous looked at me heavily, cast his Contract Explosion to generate a shield as he wrapped around me, and then gently closed his eyes. His body falling freely, his threatened head pointing the ground!

"Aldous! Wake up! You cant die like this! Idiot! Wake up! I still have to give you the Orb! So please wake up!" I shouted, and cried, as we fell.

I can feel the landing force that followed. We were smashed to the ground, but his Contract Explosion's shield was cast perfectly right on time, making the landing painless at all. But Aldous can't move. The spear had made him paralyzed and loss a considerable amount of blood.

"I see, I come, I conquer! What an easy gank, Harith! That was a no-brainer! And taking advantage of the free space, eh? What a lousy move!" said Cyclops, in a highly arrogant manner

Then a thin, skinny man walked behind him and appeared. It was Moskov.

 It was Moskov

Now I see. Cyclops' Star Power Lockdown plus Moskov's global Spear of Destruction. What a pathetic combo, I thought. But it doesn't matter now. I have to kill these two.

Silence. A cold, plain silence followed. I couldn't understand how I felt. I'm losing control. I'm losing patience. My hands were locked up. Suddenly, two hot and bright charges enveloped my fists and waiting to explode.

"Aaahhhhh!" I ran through them. I casted my Zaman Force that let time stopped for a while and immediately blinked at them using my Chrono Dash. My fists' highly charged powerballs went perfectly with my Synchro Fissions, hitting the two, one after another. My Chrono Dash allowed me to hit them freely and without interruption, until Cyclops began to move out of my Zaman Force area, casting his Sprint and hiding for the meantime.

Meanwhile, Moskov managed to use Aegis while inside my Zaman Force, has repositioned himself the "marksman style" and also aimed his spears at me. But I didn't stop and had my full focus on Moskov now.

"This is for Aldous! Take this!" My Synchro Fissions kept on hitting him, and burning him throughout the process until he retreated and blinked out.

"Hahaha! This is fun! Step aside Moskov! This is one on one now, mage versus mage," inserted Cyclops. "Hah! I have never killed a mage right after Chang'e! I'm gladly adding you to my new meta death list!" Cyclops, bragging loudly.

Knowing that he killed Chang'e, I resumed my attack even further, aiming now at Cyclops. This witty Cyclops is really good at bleeding my patience.

"Take this!" I jumped at him and fired my Synchro Fission again. But before my skill could hit him, another prism-like object appeared and went after me. I tried to evade it but it was too fast, and had me captured. Then his Stardust and Planetary attacks continued, bombing me one after another.

"Poor Harith, you didn't even bring your Fleeting Time with you. How then, will you win this war?"

That's right. Fleeting Time. The item used to reduce the cooldown of Ultimate after a kill or an assist. Cyclops had succeeded in casting his Ultimate to Aldous, and now with Fleeting Time, shortly recasting it on me.

"I'm not here for war. I'm heading to Vale," I slowly uttered.

"Vale? For what? For telling Valir is dead? Haha. You're kidding! He is just the same as his skill! A dust in a rolling wind! That's why he never dared enter the Land of Dawn! Is that how an intelligent Leonin, like you Harith, and a Contract Keeper, like your dying friend, use your brilliant brains in choosing alliance?" sarcastically asked Cyclops, rolling his eyes.

He now moved closer. And walked towards me with a victorious smile, and picked something from the ground.

"Is this Clock of Destiny yours? What a trash! An old school! Is this what you learn from that Magic Academy, Poor Leonin?" Cyclops, irritating me.

Then Moskov, with his body half-burnt by my Glowing Wand, slowly moved and also walked towards me.

This is dangerous! I can't move. I'm too weak to fight. My items did not work. All were destroyed by his Planetary Attacks. I have used all my mana, and now I'm running short of health points. I'm now situated beside Aldous, and he too, is dying.

"Moskov, better finish off these two with your Spear of Destruction, again! Hahaha! Helcurt will be happy to know we have killed two meta heroes!" suggested Cyclops.

Moskov now smiled monstrously, raised his lilac, sharp spear, and aimed at us.

"Struggle and resistance are useless. Death is quiet and pleasant," uttered Moskov. He now raised his Spear, and casted his Ultimate.

The Spear of Destruction is now heading towards us when suddenly it stopped, and floated in the air, with a force that seemed to stop its motion.

"What happened?!" Moskov shouted.

Then a man, with white golden hair and brown skin, appeared and stood right before us, holding the Spear of Destruction that Moskov had thrown. He then threw the Spear back at Moskov, and it hit the middle of his face, crossing from the nose to the back of his head.

Cyclops was shocked, and immediately casted his planetary attacks. But it did not hit the man, who suddenly disappeared.

Right then and there, I saw him, floating in the air right above me. With scary eyes turning whitish gold, he said, "In the name of the winds."

What came next were two sharp, wind blades piercing Cyclops' body like thin, laser needles, pulling and raising him up to the sky. It then skewered his flesh beneath the clouds, and splintered his body parts into tiny pieces.

The man then flew and went to our direction. When he set foot on the ground and saw that I was badly hurt and Aldous was in agony, he raised his right hand that summoned a huge tornado, enveloping the three of us in the center. Opposite of the harsh winds circling us, is the tornado's calm eye. Moments later, we have teleported to the Northern Vale, inside the chamber of his Wind Palace.