Chapter 12: Payback Time

[Author's Note: My apologies for the delayed update, I just retrieved this account, it was hacked]

"I wonder who these high-profile captives are," Lesley said as she went upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I inquired.

"Getting my things ready. I'm heading towards my room. You can come if you want," she responded.

But Benedetta continued giving me her warning looks.

"Benedetta, do you have any idea what's going on?" I asked her just to break her freezing gaze.

"Not at all. But it's obvious they're up to something and they're damn serious about it," Benedetta replied.

The march continued and they were now near us. But we didn't bother going out. We just took advantage of the store's window as it offered a better look.

Harith? Have you really changed? No, I know you have plans", I said to myself as I saw him walking with Helcurt's squad force.

"What can you say about this hunter outfit?" Lesley, right after changing her clothes.

"W-wait! What are you doing? And why are you aiming your rifle at them?"

"I am aiming for the raven. Such one of a kind, beautiful, black bird will surely make me sleep in bountiful twilight coins with you. What do you think?"

"Hold on Lesley! We're not making some trouble, are we?"

"Hahaha. Of course not. I'm just testing the specs. Making sure my favorite toy still works."

"That's a relief. I hate your joke sometimes. And I hate it more when such is delivered in a sexy way." Then I noticed her naughty stunt again. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Aiming for your bird. I wonder if your bird is more frightening than Pharsa's. Nah, I'd rather say, if your bird offers more value in the Truncheon Market," naughtily replied Lesley as she grinned, with her right eye's inviting wink.

"Stop fooling around. No time for your dirty jokes."

Then I noticed Benedetta as she headed for the door outside.

"Benedetta? Hey, where are you going?"

"I'll have a closer look," she replied.

"No, you can't! It's dangerous outside!" I instructed.

"Yes, she can. She's just a minion, you know. No one will notice her or give a damn about her. Just let her be," Lesley uttered.

"I'm coming with you, Benedetta!" Ellie said.

"No, Ellie! Humans must not go there. Humans can easily attract their interests," Lesley said.

Benedetta's Point of View

She's just a minion. No one will notice her or give a damn about her.

Right. Lesley is right. Who else would give a damn about a minion like me? No one would. No one would mind if I'm gone or anything happens to me. I'm just a minion. Just a minion.

But wait, I'm a worker, right? Let's stick to it that way. I have a new labor contract. And that includes pleasing my master, Vale. So I must go there and spy for some valuable information. That's what a normal minion would do.

"I'll be going there. I'll try to know who these prisoners are. It will be quick," I told them as I carried my heavy sword and went outside. I can see that my master gave me a worried look, but that didn't matter. He seemed to heed Lesley's advice in letting me do what I want anyway.

I pushed myself over the crowd of minions. Some cheered because they treated the captives as traitors. Others seemed to lodge in fear.

"Hey, do you know who these prisoners are?" I asked one of the minions.

"I actually don't know. I'm just here because others are here," the minion replied. "Execute the prisoners!" he shouted along with the yell of the crowd.

I sighed. I really couldn't get it sometimes. Are we really this stupid? Or am I the only minion that thinks? Well, if they couldn't provide me with good answers, then I have to look for it myself.

The march still went on. But I managed to slip through the massive crowd until I was close enough. Then I slowly forced myself to come closer to the third and last black carriage. The carriages were heavily secured by burning chains. From the looks of it, I can say that these extraordinary chains wrapping the carriages were welded out of molten magma, and continuously ignited by a powerful, dark aura. I went even closer and noticed that these carriages were entirely closed,  except for a small opening on the top most portion of the side. Hmmm. Maybe if I can hop in, I would see who's inside.

"Hey, you darn minion, step out of the way," a super minion said to me.

"I'm sorry. Would you mind if I join the march? I'm a big fan of the Emperor Helcurt!" I proposed.

"That's good to hear. Of course you can join, young lady," the super minion answered.

I now joined the march and still set my eyes on the last carriage. "Do you know who's  inside?" I asked.

"None of your business. But let me give you some tip. These traitor heroes here are so powerful that any minion who dares to talk to them would be hung to death. Do you understand?"

"Alright. Yes."

"So just join the march and watch your guard."

"Aye-aye, Captain," I said. This is not good. I can't return to them and still say nothing.

Suddenly, the march stopped.

"What is it, Pharsa?" the one on the horse asked.

"Some eyes are watching us," Pharsa replied as she and Alice descended to the ground.

"Verri, spread your wings! The higher you fly, the more you see!" Pharsa, commanding her raven, Verri, to scout for subjects.

"Everyone, stand your ground! We're clearing up some lanes!" Leomord shouted, commanding all heroes and minions alike on the march to hold their positions.

"I can sense vengeful auras heading towards us! And I can sense three subjects worthy of our attention... hiding in that little tavern!" Then Pharsa grinned and shouted in rage: "They don't know how close death is! This is exciting! My bloodlust craves for more! It's payback time!"

 hiding in that little tavern!" Then Pharsa grinned and shouted in rage: "They don't know how close death is! This is exciting! My bloodlust craves for more! It's payback time!"