Chapter 8: Trash Talk

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. Damn this Lou Yi's place. I just cannot resist the comfort of the cool ambiance that this wooden house was giving. It's all dry but cold.

As I went on my way out to pee, I had noticed that all were sleeping except Vale, who was outside, staring blankly at the sky.

"Still thinking of her?" I asked.

"What makes you say so?" Vale responded.

"The night. It is so romantic not to think of someone you love. Do you miss her?" I grinned.

"Damn that intuition, Harith. Did you also learn that from the Academy?" Vale, who sounded a little bit awkward after I teased him.

"Nah. No one can ever teach you how to fall in love, Vale. But you must be careful though. Because the very last thing you might want to happen in love is when you're falling without you even knowing."

"I don't totally agree with you, Harith. Falling without knowing?" Then he raised his right hand, and drew a small tornado in his palm. "It's like saying you can feel the wind, but can't see it. And just because you can't see it, you choose to ignore that a wind is actually touching you. Love is universal, Harith. It is the same addicting experience commonly felt by everyone. And you know there is love from the moment you start feeling the affections. It is not true that you wouldn't know."

"Valir, right? Are you still upset with him?"

"Aside from that lame excuse of falling without knowing, there is another thing I don't understand." Then the tornado previously in his palm began to circle around him. "Valir is too smart not to know many things. He knew it's wrong. He knew how complicated everything would be. He knew I will get hurt. And Kadita too. But why did he still fight for it?" Vale argued, his whitish hair now raised upward by the strong winds surrounding him.

"I.. I don't exactly know Vale. Maybe he had some reasons. Some reasons only he understand."

"Maybe you were right. If only... if only I share the same principle with you Harith, maybe Valir is still alive now," Vale, in a more relaxed manner.

A moment of silence followed as Vale continued to look deeply in the starry sky.

"Vale, by the way, my inventory is full already."

"Are you saying all your six slots are full? That's good."

"Yes. When you gave me your Winter Truncheon, I had no inventory slot for it, so I had to take out another one," I sighed. "If only one can carry more than six items. Sadly, we're designed this way. So I've decided to pull off this one for you."