Chapter 7: Time Traveler

Cadia Riverlands
Eastern Part of Land of Dawn

Cadia RiverlandsEastern Part of Land of Dawn

"Helcurt will eventually know where we are. He has eyes and a handful of spies everywhere," Lou Yi said, warning us to be more careful.

Lou Yi, through her Ultimate Diversion, saved us from being wiped out by Helcurt's squad of dark force and brought us safe inside her home. The place was all stuffed with assorted old books containing even the most ancient of spells.

"So, what's the plan?" a question thrown by Aldous.

"The plan? Certainly, I cannot risk all of you going back there. You cannot defeat him with that line up!" Lou Yi angrily said. "Aldous and Harith, a war is going on yet you dared expose yourselves to your enemies. How reckless!" Lou Yi continued, referring to how we use Aldous' Ultimate in order to reach Vale.

"Our apologies," both Aldous and I said.

"I was about to warn you that time. But after seeing Cyclops and Moskov heading your way, I have no other choice but to silently watch. Gladly, Vale rescued on time," said Lou Yi.

"That's what I told you. Keep an eye on the map. Beware of ambush. That's a basic teaching in the Academy," Vale strongly added his point.

"The fallen Academy I suppose. It was mighty back then before Helcurt destroyed it," I added.

"So if we cannot go back there, and if our line up is not good, then we must look for powerful allies," suggested Rafaela.

"Exactly my point," Lou Yi stressed herself. "Harith."

"Yes?"

"It's good to know you didn't sell yourself out. Helcurt will surely take advantage of you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your Key Insight. It helps build stronger forces," Lou Yi said.

"Whoa! Wait, and why is that?"

"The remnants of smoke casted by Valir's flames during his fight with Helcurt, when you touched it, did it really allow you to see the entire battle scene?" Lou Yi asked.

"Wait, how did you know that?" I inquired with curiosity.

"Franco and Bane. They sold you out. The information was given in exchange for two twilight coins each," Lou Yi confessed.

"Those drunkard morons! Will do anything just to quench their thirst for wine! But what's the connection with the smoke and strong forces here?"

"Only fragments are needed for you to see visions of who own such fragments, am I correct? How much more then if parts of mythical items, like heroes' inventories are presented to you? You will surely locate them, won't you?"

"Oh yes! Now I get it!" I agreed, as undeniably, it was true.

"Perhaps, that maybe the appropriate reason why they call you Time Traveler, Leonin," Aldous added.