Chapter 14: Darkness and Decisions

"Verri! Noooo!!" Pharsa screamed as she mourned the death of Verri, her raven, now in her hands... its blood staining her palms.

Pharsa's bloodlust grew even stronger.

Emotions. Hatred. Vengeance. Darkness.

Just no exact word could describe her now, or what she had become.

"Let me be clear here. I have no intention of inflicting you harm. I am here for the first carriage. Release her and everything will be fine," Khaleed, overflowing with confidence.

 Release her and everything will be fine," Khaleed, overflowing with confidence

"That's brave of you, Khaleed. Sojourning the Barren Lands and tracking us all the way here. And now, what on earth-- or shall I say, what has gotten into your sands, that you dare fight Commander Leomord's whole Squad of Dark Force, alone?" Alice's insulting words. "What for? For love? I don't know if you call this thing as heroic or perhaps, romantic. But I call it plain stupidity!" Alice continued.

"Get back. Step out of the way," the grieving Pharsa instructed. "Step out of the way, Alice! This fool is mine!" Pharsa, making herself clearer.

 "Step out of the way, Alice! This fool is mine!" Pharsa, making herself clearer

"You heard her, Alice. The demon is out. Let her have her way," Leomord ordered.

"As you say, Commander," Alice willingly conceded.

"Hah! At last I can rest now. I hate long walks," Hanzo said, as he sat on the roadside, crossing his legs.

"Your... bird... killed... mine?" Pharsa, stuttering in her words out of disbelief. "I do not accept that lame excuse. I don't give a damn about your bird either. Verri's life is way more valuable than yours!"

"Well then, I understand if you have to die now. I'll make it quick," Khaleed responded.

Pharsa transformed herself into a raven, ascending upward with a quick charge. Meanwhile, Khaleed maintained his position, as calm and boastful as ever.

The scene was now more visible, with sand particles slowly descending, leaving a thick stockpile of sand all over the place. Leomord, Khufra, Alice and Harith opted to watch the one versus one match. They had no plans to interfere either. Terizla, Thamus and Selena were not yet aware that Ling had already been freed by Benedetta, as the three carriages were also covered by the high pile of sand. Minions and super minions underneath were displaced, not aware of the dangers the upcoming match would bring.